Buell is discontinued, MV Agusta for sale...

Tpoppa

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it sucks balls. Buell is just starting to shine and they are showing that they are capable of making bikes that work really well. What I think is actually going on is that HD is bleeding and they need to cut the things that are absorbing money.

I think it is a sign of what is to come. I think HD is going to cut back and streamline to stay floating. I also believe that someone will come in and help Buell stick around. He's using Rotax power so, he can pull it off if he can get the support needed...

Good luck to Buell and screw HD. It's about time people figured out that they are paying too much for outdated technology. I am just saddened to see they let a company go that could have helped them advance...

Before I bought half-a-busa I was considering an 1125 (either R or CR), and the XB12S.

Farrows North, 5 minutes from my house, didn't have any.

Went to the Downtown location, wandered around, looked at the 1125R they had there. I musta had my Incredibles Invisi-suit on, as the sales folks just sat at their desk, didn't acknowledge I was there, didn't bother to get off their duff and say "Hi", nothing.

I could have engaged them in conversation, but just got the "we don't give a damn that you're here" vibe and walked out after 15 minutes.

No wonder their sales are down. Bad economy, motorcycles are a "want", not a "need", and indifferent sales force = sales way down.

Too bad, the Buell products stand (stood) on their own against any other brand, imho.

:(

The dealer network was dictated by the market. Harley dealers didn't like discounting the products they were carrying to compete at the price point their competitors were at. At the time they were selling everything they had for real profits and Buell to them was a nuisance so they were allowed to not carry the brand. Now that the market has shifted they are focusing on what makes them money.

I think it's sad because they were getting closer to where I might have considered buying one.

I was eyeing the 1125R at Farrow's, and even spoke to Chris about picking it up. Sad, especially seeing how emotionally involved Erik was about his product. I owned a Buell before, and it was a raucaus bike that I still smile when looking back on it.

Compete or get beat! I'd like to see HD go under and be replaced by a company that actually builds quality bikes at a less-than-retarded price. HDs are nice' date=' but not $20,000 nice.

Fuck 'em. Seriously considered buying a Sporty next year to 2-up with Isaac. Now, I can't see that happening.[/quote']

Will never happen, they came close but I'm willing to bet HD is a brand that will NEVER go away.

*sigh* I wanted an 1125 too

Cycle Search (site sponsor) in Delaware has a 2008 1125R, 1200-ish miles, $4,995. Needs work (scuffed plastics, fairing stays broken), or it did in August. Don't know if they've fixed it yet.

If I were the fix-it type it'd be in my garage now.

*sigh* I wanted an 1125 too

I might know of a x1200scg for sale next spring if my friend gets into grad school in Colorado. She JUST hit 1,000 miles on the thing and shes had it for almost 2 years

The hooligan bike is the XB9/12S. Sign me up for that one. The CR looks like complete shit. Not as shitty as the Streetfighter' date=' but close.[/quote']

Different strokes...

I don't want the powertrains that come in either of those... been there, done that, want the Rotax. :cool:

The HD dealer network completely fucked Buell. The sales staff knew nothing about sportbikes. Gear & accessories were basically nonexistent, unless you wanted tassels and chrome. Walk into an HD dealer in actual riding gear and you're looked at like a retard. As much as I have liked my 2 Buells, I couldn't stand setting foot inside the HD Boutique.

If Buell was sold along side Ducati, Triumph, BMW, Aprilia, etc, there would be more people sitting on them in showrooms and more being sold. And the sales staff would know what the fuck they wer talking about. Sad day...

Motoczycz, Fischer, & Roehr go ahead and lock your doors.

Edited by Tpoppa
typo

On a side note, H-D (ticker: HOG) has been a great stock for me for years.

Nov. '06 made a high of nearly $74, fell to $10 in February of this year, back above $26 at yesterday's bell.

Current analyst estimates look like next year will be up quite a bit (2010 $1.34 eps vs. 2009 $0.60), growth estimate 123% vs. 27% for the sector.

As always, consult your financial advisor before investing blah blah blah....

The HD dealer network completely fucked Buell. The sales staff new nothing about sportbikes. Gear & accessories were basically nonexistent, unless you wanted tassels and chrome. Walk into a HD dealer in actual riding gear and you're looked at like a retard. As much as I have like my 2 Buells, I couldn't stand setting foot inside the HD Boutique.

If Buell was sold alongside Ducati, Triumph, BMW, Aprilia, etc, there would be more people sitting on them in showrooms and more being sold. The sales staff would know what the fuck they wer talking about. Sad day...

Motoczycz, Fischer, & Roehr go ahead and lock your doors.

Ya know, I think that's EXACTLY the deal. The only people going into a Harley dealer and even looking at a Buell are the ones that want a buell anyway. If they were selling them alongside other sportbikes, I wonder what the outcome would be?