Any chance at an OR trackday for 2010?

Dubguy85

I've been thinking... My good friend owns "Curve Chasers" and they do a couple trackdays every year and sometimes they do it on their own and sometimes indysuperbikes does it with them...

I just talked to him and he would be willing to do an "Ohio-Riders" track day at any given track... He does have much experience (since 2000) in doing trackdays and said putnam would probably be the most affordable... It is around $8000 for the day at putnam to get the track, corner works, ambulances, insurance, etc. So depending on how many people we get would depend on the price of the track day per person... He likes to keep the field around 75 though so that gives it about 25 novice, 25 intermediate, and 25 expert...

I think this would be a great opportunity to get people to the track who are usually nervous about going to the track with random people, and could be a safe fun environment to learn what your bike was meant to do...

Any interest from you casper?

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be interested in hear more. If we do an "OHIO RIDERS" track day, there would have to be legal/medical releases and the such. Also, you should probably look at Mid Ohio since it's actually in Ohio. Sounds kinda stupid to have an "OHIO RIDERS" track day in Indiana.

Talk to the riding school at Mid Ohio. See if they will do a mass discount instead of us renting the track for a day. I think that's a much more viable option. As some have said, I doubt you'll get 75 people from here on a race track. However, an advanced cornering school or instructional track day, I think you could get a huge turnout. I bet Mid Ohio would be willing to work something out with us.

Or hell, talk to Monty and Brian from STT and see if they can hook something up. They are sponsors after all.

I would be interested in hear more. If we do an "OHIO RIDERS" track day, there would have to be legal/medical releases and the such. Also, you should probably look at Mid Ohio since it's actually in Ohio. Sounds kinda stupid to have an "OHIO RIDERS" track day in Indiana.

mid OH is over 12 grand... :o

Nelson Ledges is dirt cheap.

Talk to Todd with Fasttrax. Personally, I'd rather ride Putnam, but Nelson is just so close and cheap that I couldn't object...

does it have to be an 'official' Ohio-Riders event? I like the idea, but as someone mentioned, we'd never get 75 people. if 20-30 of us just sign up for the same date with teh same org, the effect is pretty much the same, and puts no burden on OR to commit a certain number of people or dollars.

I'm in but I wouldn't be up for Nelson ledges that place looks like a death trap for motorcycles.... Grattan could be thrown out there for a suggestion as well. Or even BG. But I think putnam would be the wisest choice price wise and it really isn't that far away it would be a little over a 2hr drive for everyone.

I mean...i have seen 20 - 30 junkies at the same event...Why couldn't we do this with OR?

I like Caspers idea of having the instructors to make it a "riding school" but thats why I liked the idea of being an OR only thing, so people didn't feel the pressure to be the biggest bad ass on the track... I mean...I have been to track days with girls or guys have only been riding bikes for a couple months... the track doesn't have to be seen as scary...

Hell...What is scary is a public road!

I mean...i have seen 20 - 30 junkies at the same event...Why couldn't we do this with OR?

I like Caspers idea of having the instructors to make it a "riding school" but thats why I liked the idea of being an OR only thing, so people didn't feel the pressure to be the biggest bad ass on the track... I mean...I have been to track days with girls or guys have only been riding bikes for a couple months... the track doesn't have to be seen as scary...

Hell...What is scary is a public road!

20-30 junkies (who has an entire member base who does track days) is a far cry from 75 Ohio Riders (who has a very mixed member base).

20-30 junkies (who has an entire member base who does track days) is a far cry from 75 Ohio Riders (who has a very mixed member base).

As we do have a mixed member base, about 70% (absolute guess that could be extremly off) would be sport bikes? And sportbikes are meant to be ridden on a track... so there for it shouldn't be hard to get 50 - 70 members out of 3000 to come join right?? (ok so maybe not the easiest) but I think we could potentially do it...

We should start a list of people that would be game for doing this...

I know

Myself

Twisted

Twisted girl

madcat

Jr

rusty

who dey

apch8r

lizard

e flores

isacs poppa

cbr jess

schmuckgirl

v4 junkie

jrmiii

gixxie 750

yota

(other junkies that are OR members)

redkow

vw151

zorro

flounder

rfm

repsol2007

blue03636

jbot

walther_gsp

And many others that want to try

Ross, Mandie, rc51, Ben, carrie, skullz, Coshocton peeps, cinci peeps, dayton peeps, we could do it riiiiiiiiiiiight?? :popcorn:

I'll do anything for the right price...

...as most others would.

If we could get 75 people, it would be like $110 a piece

If we could get 65 people it would be $123 a piece

If we could get 55 people it would be $145 a piece

If we could get 45 people it would be $177 a piece (which is the normal track day price most people spend anyway)

If we could get 75 people, it would be like $110 a piece

If we could get 65 people it would be $123 a piece

If we could get 55 people it would be $145 a piece

If we could get 45 people it would be $177 a piece (which is the normal track day price most people spend anyway)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this does NOT include instructors. Right? So it's just a free for all on the track? I definitely would NOT do this.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this does NOT include instructors. Right? So it's just a free for all on the track? I definitely would NOT do this.

I believe most of the STT instructors are volunteer correct? Are you talking instructors or "control riders" I doubt we would have to pay for "instructors."

Edit* that fee is for track, ambulances, corner workers, insurance, ETC...