Any chance at an OR trackday for 2010?

Dubguy85

Actually, Kenny's deal is an organization and there is insurance and such taken care of. It's not simply a guy who rents the track and has his buddies come and ride. It's a deal where he may break even and probably does at the prices he offers, but he still needs to provide insurance. One guy gets killed and it becomes a serious issue if he doesn't... I know he does. Monte and Kenny know each other well...

I am pretty sure Kenny is cycle options, and alan is curve chasers(who dubguy is referring to)....correct me if I am wrong though...

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, Kenny's deal is an organization and there is insurance and such taken care of. It's not simply a guy who rents the track and has his buddies come and ride. It's a deal where he may break even and probably does at the prices he offers, but he still needs to provide insurance. One guy gets killed and it becomes a serious issue if he doesn't... I know he does. Monte and Kenny know each other well...

I'm un aware of someone named "Kenny"

I am pretty sure Kenny is cycle options, and alan is curve chasers(who dubguy is referring to)....correct me if I am wrong though...

Correct... I had no idea who this Kenny guy was...Phew..I thought I was losing my mind...

Cause I talked to Alan today, and he told me how the whole thing worked...

I think the schedule for next year comes out January 2nd or something. Why not just pick a day later in the summer and get everyone from OR to sign up way early and dominate the day.

I dunno, I like where your heads at but the liability is tough to get around.

Either way, if something culminates I'd be in. I like discounts.

I think the schedule for next year comes out January 2nd or something. Why not just pick a day later in the summer and get everyone from OR to sign up way early and dominate the day.

I heart you. :lol:

Again, I can find out some things if you guys can narrow it down to a certain month. Or, allow us to pick and form something... Again, w/o Monte's feedback, I am assuming we can work on something, but knowing more details would be best.

The idea to pick a later date in the year is absolutely what I was proposing. It gets us through the summer for the most part and you can count on decent weather.

Ben can maybe start a thread with a poll and narrow it down to August or September or something like that...

Instructors? That only applies to Novice anyway right?

I would really hope to have instructors in intermediate as well. Sometimes i think the "I" guys (myself included) need instruction more than beginners. I'm just fast enough to really hurt myself. :-p

if we do end up making this a 'private' event www.ex-500.com is attempting a trackday/meet some time next year as well. Preliminary voting on the tracks puts Nelson Ledges in the running to be the venue. combining with them would add at least 10-20 more riders if we need a minimum number.

a LOT of those people will be first-time track riders, and that group will definitely be looking for instruction. With enough new track riders, I think you could realistically run two beginner groups, and have one "A/I" group.

lots of speculation. I still think the easiest thing to do is latch onto an existing org and event. Fasttrax (Nelson Ledges) and Mid Ohio don't have a membership fee, so those are immediately appealing for first-timers, IMO.

I was thinking the same thing, picking a group and date early and having everyone sign up in their respective groups. That would let us dominate the majority of the people there and have fun with less work and worry involved. Keep It Simple Stupid imho. No need to rush anything yet as this seems to be more debate and discussion oriented for the moment.

• 2 months later...
I was thinking the same thing, picking a group and date early and having everyone sign up in their respective groups. That would let us dominate the majority of the people there and have fun with less work and worry involved. Keep It Simple Stupid imho. No need to rush anything yet as this seems to be more debate and discussion oriented for the moment.

I'm a big fan of the KISS method.

Unless there is significant money to be saved and an easy way to secure the necessary resources to run the day I don't see the point in reinventing the wheel here.

Having competent track coaches and staff is more important for everyone's safety than one might think.