Any chance at an OR trackday for 2010?

Dubguy85

Instructors? That only applies to Novice anyway right?

Maybe offer a discount or even a free day to a select few with lots of experience like Brian, Monte, APCH8r, SJC, Zorro, Flounder, etc. So that they can offer tips or a tow to those that really need it.

But if your dude can provide a few instructors then nm. It depends on what kind of showing we have. My first day at Nelson wasn't a beginner's day, it was open practice. They didn't split us up until halfway through. Luckily I had an instructor but by the end of the day he just sent me out. It really wasn't bad if you don't go out there trying to catch everyone.

Edited by V4junkie

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe most of the STT instructors are volunteer correct? Are you talking instructors or "control riders" I doubt we would have to pay for "instructors."

Edit* that fee is for track, ambulances, corner workers, insurance, ETC...

STT is a business that makes money. So just renting the track is just that. It'd be a free for all. That is a HORRIBLE idea to get a bunch of people together on the track with different riding abilities. That's just asking for people to get hurt. Like I said in my first post, talk to the STT guys and see if they're interested in putting something together.

Instructors? That only applies to Novice anyway right?

Maybe offer a discount or even a free day to a select few with lots of experience like Brian, Monte,SJC, Zorro, Flounder, etc. So that they can offer tips or a tow to those that really need it.

But if your dude can provide a few instructors then nm. It depends on what kind of showing we have. My first day at Nelson wasn't a beginner's day, it was open practice. They didn't split us up until halfway through. Luckily I had an instructor but by the end of the day he just sent me out. It really wasn't bad if you don't go out there trying to catch everyone.

Yes, Novice could use instructors, and intermediate and advanced would have "control riders" we could take some of the advanced group guys and make them instructors for the novice guys...so the advanced guys would get 40 minutes on the track instead of 20...

usually it is 20 min novice

20 min intermediate

and 20 min advanced every hour on the hour...

Edited by Dubguy85

STT is a business that makes money. So just renting the track is just that. It'd be a free for all. That is a HORRIBLE idea to get a bunch of people together on the track with different riding abilities. That's just asking for people to get hurt. Like I said in my first post, talk to the STT guys and see if they're interested in putting something together.

Curve Chasers puts on 2 track days a year with no "instructors" so does indy ducati, commonewealth, and many more.. They have control riders and is def very very tame in the novice group... It is FAR from a free for all...

very controlled environment...novice are broken up into groups and ride around with control riders and such... its actually quite common!

Curve Chasers puts on 2 track days a year with no "instructors" so does indy ducati, commonewealth, and many more.. They have control riders and is def very very tame in the novice group... It is FAR from a free for all...

very controlled environment...novice are broken up into groups and ride around with control riders and such... its actually quite common!

Who controls the environment? Who are the control riders? Have you thought this out at all?

There is no way I would endorse anything like this as an Ohio Riders event.

Who controls the environment? Who are the control riders? Have you thought this out at all?

No sense in "thinking it out" if there wasn't interest...I was just throwing this out there... Thats why i posted...

But like i said..I know MANY people who are in the industry (indy ducati guys, parts unlimted guys, indysuperbikes guys, curve chasers,) etc, who would control ride for free no problem...Or be a quote "instructor"

we would do it right ben, I wouldn't wanna go out there on some free for all either...

I have done one track day with curve chasers. They don't have I instructors but he does tend to bring bring some control riders that are able to help for those that want it. I could probably get some of the r6 central guys to join in.

But who decides what class who is in?

Well I'm not the expert here. I imagine our STT guys could easily tell if someone placed themselves in the wrong group and bump them up or down. Otherwise it's the typical honor system, if you're relatively new to the scene it's novice, a trackday regular intermediate, and the real fast guys in A. If you have to ask what class you should be in, then you should probably be in Novice.

This is the brainstorm stage, I kinda like the idea (ntm the possibility of it being a cheaper track day), but I think we'll get a better idea about the mechanics of it once we get more seasoned advice in here.

Well I'm not the expert here. I imagine our STT guys could easily tell if someone placed themselves in the wrong group and bump them up or down. Otherwise it's the typical honor system, if you're relatively new to the scene it's novice, a trackday regular intermediate, and the real fast guys in A. If you have to ask what class you should be in, then you should probably be in Novice.

This is the brainstorm stage, I kinda like the idea (ntm the possibility of it being a cheaper track day), but I think we'll get a better idea about the mechanics of it once we get more seasoned advice in here.

Correct on the honor system, correct on the brainstorm stage, and correct on possibly being a sweet fun cheaper track day, where people can learn and get more comfortable riding their bikes!

Your right, the STT guys could do it very easily. That's what they're for, and what they get PAID for. That's my point here. I think if we do anything like this, we should have someone like STT do it.

Your right, the STT guys could do it very easily. That's what they're for, and what they get PAID for. That's my point here. I think if we do anything like this, we should have someone like STT do it.

I would love to have STT guys at an OR track day... I road behind bomber and his 1098 for a whole day and learned a TON... I think only a couple of the guys from STT get paid to be there, and the rest get free track time (correct me if i'm wrong) ..

Just called Putnam....They said $8000 includes track time from 9-5, corner workers, radios, insurance, 2 ambulances, waivers to be signed etc...

Just called Mid Ohio... It would actually be kinda reasonable if we did a weekday, however the "club" would have to provide our own insurance for the day...Mid ohio has general liability up to 5 million...He said most people go through K and K and its about 1200 bucks, BUT

It is

9500 weekday or 10,500 - 12, 500 for the weekend and that is everything needed except insurance

Just called BeaveRun actually they are REALLY affordable... They are $3000 for Mon - Thurs and $4000 for Fri - Sun but that does not include Ambulance or Corner workers...However he said we could prob do it for around $6000 total if we did it on a weekend! :D

Just called Blue Grass - 7K - 9500...

Edited by Dubguy85