Buell

RSVDon

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty much. I don't know any of you well enough to call you anything. But, come on, no one ever comes to the end of their life and says, " Shit! I wish I would've been more fiscally conservative." Spend it if you can, if you can't, you can't

i have grand plans to consolidate my bike collection, but after working through it again, i'll still end up with 3 bikes. i'm thinking the real solution is to simply buy a house with a bigger garage and stop playing these games.

Ohh shit... the floodgates are open now.

Mr. King of the Interwebz is a cheap bastard who refuses to pay the extra $5/mo for 250 messages to get texting on his plan. There, now you ALL know - though the majority of the people that have my celly already knew.

Not to get sidetracked, but if this Android phone is the shit like everyone says its gonna be, I may have the flippin' INTERNET on my phone come Xmas time... but, now, no. That's $60/yr I could put towards a new motorcycle. :D

Edited by JRMMiii

I have just discovered that the 08 1125's don't have spool threaded holes but the 09s do. I have heard there were changes but what else?

Who want's a 2006 Ninja 250 3,400 miles? I sold my other two bikes last week and all these deals are buring a hole in my motorcycle budget.

I gave Udell your number yesterday but I made him promise not to text you.

I thought Udell had my number? I had his. :dunno:

You got rid of the baby machine!? Say it ain't so...!

The change you mentioned was one of the things I just found out today also. I thought I was strange looking at shitty's bike that I couldn't see any threaded holes for spools, but I wasn't looking THAT hard for them, I assumed they were there somewhere.

The rest of the changes are the ECU reflash to control the 'heat complaints' from the squids who ride without long pants on. Other than that, I don't think the '09s varied from the '08s...

From here: http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsresults/mcn/2008/july/21-27/jul2208-buell-2009-range/

The Buell 1125R, powered by the 146-hp, liquid-cooled Buell Helicon 1125cc V-Twin engine, is available in new body and wheel colors and with tinted windscreens for 2009. Also new for 2009 on the 1125R and 1125CR models are targeted fuel injectors, relocated O2 sensors, and updated engine spark and fuel maps. The combination of these features offers improved drivability below 6000 rpm, even crisper throttle response, improved heat management, and significantly improved fuel economy. The updated engine spark and fuel maps will also be made available for 2008 1125R models. The Firebolt XB12R, powered by the air/oil/fan-cooled Thunderstorm 1203cc V-Twin, has a new blacked-out frame, swingarm, powertrain, forks and other components. The performance of the 12R is even better in 2009 with the addition of the eight-piston Buell ZTL2 front brake, and new high-performance Pirelli Diablo Corsa III tires.

I don't see you needing one of these as you have stated more or less a lateral move. I don't know why you need the SV when you have the Busa they are really good on the back roads and mucho comfy. I'm sure from Millersburg to Coshocton I would be faster on a Busa than I was with my old 600. I have put 15,000 miles on a Busa and they just fit me well.

That being said I am without a road worthy bike at the moment so I can look.

If you're scared, say you're scared. You know you want it. Step up Man and pull the trigger. I should've never broadened my horizons and sickened my mind with this website.
But we're too pussy to just do it. It's only money, right?

For Justin, it's a lateral move. In my case, I'm not interested in the 1125R. Yeah, I'd love to have the Rotax vs the Thunderstorm, but in the battle of form vs function, both are losing. I've got all the power I need in my ZX10, and I don't see me taking a step backwards for a bike's design that I truly despise.

It'd be a little easier decision if I didn't already have 2 in the stable, and 1 of them already being a v-twin liter bike. I wanted to diversify my riding experiences... this would be a lateral move.

Same with me..this Buell would diversify, but I can afford to wait for the best deal. I'm not upgrading performance wise..so I'm in no hurry.

I thought Udell had my number? I had his. :dunno:

I lost a few numbers during a sync issue with Outlook and my MotoQ a while back. Yours was one of them. My phone is racist.

Hey guys - if you are seriously buying an 1225R, get an 09 model. There were some significant changes made for 09 vs. 08. The price difference isn't enough to go the cheaper route and get the 08...

09s are pretty much everywhere so, try and find one. The Ulysses Casper wanted seems tougher to find in the shops I know...