Buell

RSVDon

If I can get my hands on a white 1125R with the blue rims.... I'll bite. Though I'm still partial to the CRs

Word is $5k rebate on all Buells (though I've read only $3k rebate on the XBs for some reason... can't verify)

Time to continue the search.

The 1125s use non-HD motors, there are some HD execs that seem to resent that. I'm guessing that is why they are deep discounting the 1125s more than the XBs.

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good luck finding the white one. Not that I don't like black too, but I am partial to white. I looked all around but every time I open my eyes all I see is black
Quit sleeping next to Udell.

:op:

The 1125s use non-HD motors, there are some HD execs that seem to resent that. I'm guessing that is why they are deep discounting the 1125s more than the XBs.

Rotax FTMFW!

western reserve harley (in mentor) wants something like 6700 for 08's and 7200 for 09's.

that is including the 5000 rebate for 1125R and CR, and there is a 3000 rebate for lightnings and firebolts. not sure about ulysses, but i think it's 3000 rebate.

are there any more 1125R's for that price, shitty? i might dump a bike or two and pick up one of those.

There wasa a guy, italian, at the dealer who has an 1125R. He said he owned metric bikes his whole life..raced at Mid Ohio for 5 years...and prefers his 1125 to all the others.

I just can't get my head around the styling. Ew. And the vibration is a deal killer for me.

western reserve harley (in mentor) wants something like 6700 for 08's and 7200 for 09's.

that is including the 5000 rebate for 1125R and CR, and there is a 3000 rebate for lightnings and firebolts. not sure about ulysses, but i think it's 3000 rebate.

are there any more 1125R's for that price, shitty? i might dump a bike or two and pick up one of those.

From the sound of it this was their last one. There is a dealer in VA that has a couple left but I could not get them to take my money.

Well this news has certainly thrown me for a loop. An 1125r has been my dream bike since the moment they came out...I've been looking at ways to get rid of my 650 and to get on an 09 black/black 1125r for months and months now, only to hop online one day and see this news.

It'll certainly be interesting to see what happens with these bikes next season. I, personally, am hoping for bargain-basement used prices but then there's the whole issue of warranty/maintenance/OEM parts. They just released some OEM fairings for the 1125r that makes it look like a completely new bike...who knows if these will be floating around in the future or if the small batch they've already made will be the only ones available.

I wish they had just put the brand up for sale instead of killing it altogether :(

They just released some OEM fairings for the 1125r that makes it look like a completely new bike...who knows if these will be floating around in the future or if the small batch they've already made will be the only ones available.

This kit?

http://www.buell.com/en_us/gear/accessories/product.asp?Menu_ID=2&ProductLineID=1&CategoryID=5&ProductID=10046

Exactly. I've never disliked the 1125r's looks really, but as soon as I saw those fairings I thought to myself "THIS is how the bike should have looked from the factory".

It'll certainly be interesting to see what happens with these bikes next season. I, personally, am hoping for bargain-basement used prices but then there's the whole issue of warranty/maintenance/OEM parts. They just released some OEM fairings for the 1125r that makes it look like a completely new bike...who knows if these will be floating around in the future or if the small batch they've already made will be the only ones available.

I wish they had just put the brand up for sale instead of killing it altogether :(

Warranties will be honored. Parts will be be available for (at least) 7 years. My guess is much longer as all the unused 1125 motors are being crated and shipped from Austria to Milwaukee where they will sit...

The decision to close and not sell is puzzling, especially as HD is claiming they are hurting for cash. I am aware of at least 1 group that is making a bid to buy Buell and there was another (unconfirmed) rumor of Yamaha expressing interest.

Warranties will be honored. Parts will be be available for (at least) 7 years. My guess is much longer as all the unused 1125 motors are being crated and shipped from Austria to Milwaukee where they will sit...

The decision to close and not sell is puzzling, especially as HD is claiming they are hurting for cash. I am aware of at least 1 group that is making a bid to buy Buell and there was another (unconfirmed) rumor of Yamaha expressing interest.

Hm, it'd be -extremely- interesting to see where a Japanese company would take Buell. Buell was about one of the most 'unique' bike makers out there, and uniqueness is something seldom seen in the Japanese sportbike market. It would be a fun endeavor to watch at the very least.

*edit*

Also, my concern with warranties being honored isn't so much a "will they, won't they" type thing, but it's more along the lines of real-world application. From my understanding, good Buell service was already hard to come by because it was all done in Harley dealerships, and I can't imagine this situation will make the service and warranty adventure any easier.

Oh well. I'm not giving up hope just yet. If I can find a used '09 or '10 1125r for a really good deal (>=6 grand) next season or some other time in the future, I may still buy it and try do all the work myself...

Edited by Harb67