Buell

RSVDon

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Baer (Honesdale, PA)

Crossroads (Saucon Valley/Allentown, PA)

Horsepower (Williamsport)

Try these dealers also. They had them in friday for around 5500.

thanks for the hint. i think i got a 2 of those guys, but i'll have to send one to crossroads.

i think the harley dealership near me will play ball, but we'll see.

Here's a couple things I keep thinking about;

If you buy it you better love it, because it definitely qualifies for cult status already, meaning a limited niche market. Could be tough to sell.

This I know and do not assume. Getting a Harley Dealer to honor any warranty work? No way. ( Only about 1/2 the dealerships even employ a competent mechanic. I was standing next to my buddy 2 summers ago in the now defunct Aces and Eights HD, while he tried his best to get some warranty work honored there. The "mechanic" didn't know the name Jay Springsteen when I cracked a joke. HD guy? right. This particular XB12 had a serious electrical problem. Finally wound up writing the Corporation on the crappy service from 3 different shops. After riding it almost 2 years, wrecking it at the Gap and all around beating it to death, he got Harley to take it back for a full cash refund.( I thought that was pretty good.) He then bought an '08 1125R

Don't count on readily finding body parts, the motor especially the XB, no sweat

I just looked at the Lake Erie Harley website. Is that the Avon dealer? ( Not familiar with the area) I saw that white XB listed, no pics though, cheesedicks. Did you say you got a price from them?

I sat on that Firebolt today. I might have left some cum stains...so disregard if you buy the bike.

That bike is stickered at $5499...and I don't remember seeing any other Firebolts in the back. And it's definitely the only white Buell in the place.

The salesman says he went to High School with Ben.

:popcorn:

I wonder why the XB's are going a little higher than the 1125's? F&S in Dayton has a red 1125CR for $5160.00. I like the idea of a few more ponies and water cooling. I saw that full fairing body kit you posted. I though I read it only comes in black, no matter I have access to a full body shop.

I figured you meant the Busa... it's got 7700 on it now... I bought it with around 5400 on it IIRC. It really only sees drag strip duty and the occasional long ride.

The SV has almost 12k, and I bought it at 8900. It's the one that pulls Coshocton duty and general bitch work hauling my ass around town.

The Buell would be a good replacement for the SV, but I would still probably hang onto it unless I completely fall head over heels for the 1125 powerplant.

I'm knocking on 25,000 on mine. Bought it off a buddy of mine 3 1/2 years ago at 6000. If you want the red one badly, go ahead, I can live with black. I wish I could find the 1125 in white w/ the blue rims, maybe that's only available on the XB? I got some decent ride time on an 1125R, freaking torque monster. You will be hard pressed to find anything that brakes better, wheelies easier and cuts a curve with predictable tracking, same for the XB, the rotax is a lot different power delivery.

Meh, after the initial "gold rush" things will settle and I'll get just as good of a deal as dealers will just want to move the things, because they'll be the only bikes left in the showroom that don't glitter.

Or maybe not, that's how I f*(ked myself on my GXP. IMHO, if it was meant to be, it'll be when I'm good and ready. I'm out of garage space right now anyway.

I'm knocking on 25,000 on mine. Bought it off a buddy of mine 3 1/2 years ago at 6000. If you want the red one badly, go ahead, I can live with black. I wish I could find the 1125 in white w/ the blue rims, maybe that's only available on the XB? I got some decent ride time on an 1125R, freaking torque monster. You will be hard pressed to find anything that brakes better, wheelies easier and cuts a curve with predictable tracking, same for the XB, the rotax is a lot different power delivery.

I just saw the white/blue 1125r sold a little bit ago but he didn't pay what I did for the black/blue

Meh, after the initial "gold rush" things will settle and I'll get just as good of a deal as dealers will just want to move the things, because they'll be the only bikes left in the showroom that don't glitter.

Or maybe not, that's how I f*(ked myself on my GXP. IMHO, if it was meant to be, it'll be when I'm good and ready. I'm out of garage space right now anyway.

they sold 2 1125r, 1 1125cr, 1 ulysses and 1 firebolt 12 today. Don't wait long

Ha! You want the white/blue too... maybe the 2010s (white/black) scheme will be available shortly if I wait.

I was just playing - I agree with the "ya snooze ya lose" philosophy. I haven't called or put any money down, so it's not like I have 'dibs' on it. If you end up with it, more power to you.

I haven't had any seat time on an 1125, so my only Buell experience is on my dad's '99 X1, and after riding the SV, I told him he can keep his 'American Sportbike'.... so the 1125 really has to be all that and a bag of chips for me to be impressed.

I just saw the white/blue 1125r sold a little bit ago but he didn't pay what I did for the black/blue

Grats man.. I am glad you got one..

Jrmiiiiiii I really don't think you should wait too long.. I called my buddy who ownes a HD dealership in Cincinnati and they sold everything today. Threads like this one are creeping up and people who never even thought about Buell are calling dealerships in a frenzy