Pics of your pets...Lets see 'em!

ohdaho

Love GSPs! I have a good friend that has always owned them as working dogs. They have a great nose and usually train well.

She's awesome and I would recommend the breed to anyone who has time for them. Theyre definitely not a breed to sit around the house all day, but they are super smart and love to learn. I haven't had a chance to field train her yet but she will get there soon I'm sure.

rescuing a sick red eyed crocodile skink on saturday....the girl is giving his whole setup, and him, plus $60 to cover gas and a heating pad for the tank....she just doesnt have the experience needed to nurse him back to health, so she wants me to take him from her.....itll be so awesome to get him back to health, if i can...going to try....it wont get much bigger, maybe 8" total size....and im seeing if she wants my gecko in trade...i dont really like my gecko, so if she wants him, itll be two birds with one stone (the gecko is easy to care for....and this skink is only sick because fedex messed up shipping him and he was in a box with no heat, food, or water for several days)

heres pics

iaza17330948419900.jpg

iaza17330923650800.jpg

iaza17330912122500.jpg

• Upvote 1

I don't get the lizards or spiders as pets, I like feathers and fur. I just have never seen lizards or spiders cuddle.

im not big on spiders, but birds FREAK ME OUT.....you have no idea lol....i have an immense dislike for birds, and i have no idea why.....just seeing them outside my window drives me crazy ... the thought of having one inside my house is awful....my lizards love to cuddle too...but only because my ambient room temps are significantly lower than their enclosure temps, so they like to burrow into clothing to find body heat...they dont actually have "affection" or emotions

Tbut you got some wierd looking finger polish there!! :nono::D

lol yea...thats the previous owner holding it...i havent picked it up yet

im not big on spiders, but birds FREAK ME OUT.....you have no idea lol....i have an immense dislike for birds, and i have no idea why.....just seeing them outside my window drives me crazy ... the thought of having one inside my house is awful....my lizards love to cuddle too...but only because my ambient room temps are significantly lower than their enclosure temps, so they like to burrow into clothing to find body heat...they dont actually have "affection" or emotions

lol yea...thats the previous owner holding it...i havent picked it up yet

We used to have Robins nest on a wreath on our front porch every year. Last year one of them swooped out of a tree at me while I was looking in the nest and I've been scared shitless of birds ever since :lol:

I freak out if it does not have feather or fur. I scream like a little girl at the sight of a snake. Its odd to me you dislike birds, and funny in, that this past year i have meet many people that fear the birds. I went years and never heard such a thing. Birds are fun, they are smart and playful and like to cuddle. The Senegal Parrot I got from a connection on here last year has recently learned to call for the dog, the dog quickly learned to ignore the bird lol.

My step dad had a cockatiel names Larry Bird that he could walk around the house and outside with him on his shoulder and his wings weren't clipped. That was the coolest bird Ive ever known but he could be pretty loud and annoying sometimes.

My new (as of July 14th) Beauceron (I think :lol:)

Mary

556509_4232371802633_1889509175_n.jpg

Interesting... Same coloring as my dog. As near as we can tell, he is Rottweiler/Lab mutt... Rottweiler features, but not the same shaped head, and he's too small. Also has the white on his chest, and webbed paws.

I think I might have to just buy the dog DNA test at some point. Too curious.

She looks sweet.

the girl didnt back out...got him home...score lol...$100 reptile, i drove an hour to get him but got him for free and she actually gave me $40 to take him to help get him setup....and hes not as sick as she thought he was, she just had him in bad conditions and he was stressed and not eating....i got him in a proper setup and he is eating like crazy, even though i cant find him....i guess ill know hes ok if the food keeps disappearing lol...

the viv i setup for him is neat because its a small eco system...live plant, wood and bark from the woods outside with all the little bugs and bacteria, earthworms i added, dead leaf litter....its a real self cleaning eco system....all i have to do is change the water every day or every other day, and toss in some worms, roaches, and crickets...and it cost me about $30 to get it setup, so after the money she gave me, i still didnt spend anything except $20 in gas

hes a lot smaller than i expected....the girl who had him was probably 13-14...she had little hands, so in the pics he looked bigger...hes still a juvenile

IMG_20120804_185857.jpg

IMG_20120804_190105.jpg

as much as i dislike spiders - its nice to see someone else have inverts living with them lol

I used to have a scorpion, hissing cockroaches, 2 snakes, an iguana and a couple breeding mice to provide some tasty young pinkies for my growing snakes ;) But it was all too much work (and smell) and I got tired of taking care of everything so I only kept the spider cuz it's easy. I've had her for 11 years now and she's probably going to outlive me!

Interesting... Same coloring as my dog. As near as we can tell, he is Rottweiler/Lab mutt... Rottweiler features, but not the same shaped head, and he's too small. Also has the white on his chest, and webbed paws.

I think I might have to just buy the dog DNA test at some point. Too curious.

She looks sweet.

She is awesome :D

Here's some info on Beauceron's http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beauceron

and a pic of one with floppy ears

beauceron-dogs.jpg

One with pointed ears (They were used as one of the breeds used to create Dobermans)

BeauceronDogClassieEllitadeNanrox6MontheOld.jpg

cane corsos get huge...neat dogs though....wouldnt own one unless i had a huge house and yard though lol

I guess everybody has a different definition of "huge," he would mature around 110-120 lbs. Which really isn't much bigger then a lab or a golden retriever. Big to be would be 180+ they are near dogs, we are keeping the natural ears

I guess everybody has a different definition of "huge," he would mature around 110-120 lbs. Which really isn't much bigger then a lab or a golden retriever. Big to be would be 180+ they are near dogs, we are keeping the natural ears

i knew a guy with a 180lb cane corso....it wasnt "fat" either, just huge....its head was like a cinder block....maybe it was mixed with something