Hunting in Ohio

Meanie

Anyone have some decent land here in Ohio that would allow my uncle from Pennsylvania to hunt on.

My uncle has hunted many different states and would like to come here to Ohio for a hunt during deer season. He is a retired stationary store owner, and used to be a police officer in a small town in PA. (He is not some hillbilly that will tear up your land or anything like that.) He will be accompanied by a friend of his that he normally takes hunting trips with.

If you have some land and wouldn't mind him hunting it please let me know.

Thanks,

Meanie

Good luck.. Ive been looking for land to hunt forever with no luck.

:plus1: for some reason it's tough to find sone good land to hunt on in Ohio. You would think farmers would welcome us but for some reason most don't like us at all. But I must say we do have some decent public land to hunt in this state. The state parks do pride themselves on the hunting lands that are available and most aren't to stingy on the amount of land you can hunt.

But public land is public land and it's still makes hunting a hell of a lot harder than it should be

You would think farmers would welcome us but for some reason most don't like us at all.

liability. and alot of farmers hunt on their own land.

I let 1 or 2 other people hunt on our land occasionally if its for the meat. Keep the big racks to meself.

https://huntohiofarms.com/index.php

I'd consider it maybe fo some cash to 1 bow hunter only but there are not a lot of woods and I am a stickler that you do not stray onto others property.

I signed up on this sight and have gotten no responses.

Only because i'd like to hunt other places. Hunting the same place all the time gets boring. I'd be more interested in a hunting swap situation.

Edited by Gump

:plus1: for some reason it's tough to find sone good land to hunt on in Ohio. You would think farmers would welcome us but for some reason most don't like us at all. But I must say we do have some decent public land to hunt in this state. The state parks do pride themselves on the hunting lands that are available and most aren't to stingy on the amount of land you can hunt.

But public land is public land and it's still makes hunting a hell of a lot harder than it should be

Public hunting lands are often very scary, dangerous places to hunt during gun season.

I remember hitting the deck a few times when my dad and I went back when I was a kid. Slugs make a crazy sound when whizzing over your head. Private land only from then on.

LOL.. I was pretty worried with people using regular shot, I could not imagine hunting deer on public land.

I know people that hunt turkey on public land every year and I tell them they are crazy.. I can just imagine all those yahoo's calling in each other.

Several years ago, Mead, and a few other large land owners in Ohio, decided to issue hunting lease's to people. Previously they allowed the public to hunt for free. Once they did this, businessmen from out of state started leasing large tracts of land for themselves and buddies to hunt on leaving the local guy out of luck. Many farmers followed this lead and issued lease's for their property..... it just made it so if you dont own your own land or have a friend who hasnt leased his yet, you're out of luck. Hunting public land is almost as useless as it is dangerous these days........ The situation kinda sucks..........

The state promotes hunting leases...I guess you could say it took the good ol' boy network out of the picture slightly. The most powerful thing in the world is money.

Problem I have is Joe Smoe owns 5 acres than invites 4 buddies to hunt and tramps all over everyones property including mine. So ya I'd rather lease it to someone paying than let him hunt on it. That right there is what ticks land owners off more than anything. Cityiots they are called. They move to the country, get a 1 acre lot with a trailer than trespass all day long or just drive down and start hunting. Kinda ruins the trust land owners had with eachother or just in general.Then if a landowner does let someone hunt the owner gets sick and tired of all the problems they hear about trespassers and this guys hunting on my side and that guy didn't follow the rules, you finally say screw it and lease it out. Now the guy paying money and maybe the owner will come down on your ass like hammer if you tresspass on leased property. Cityiot morons with no repsect ruin a lot of things.

Edited by Gump