Car Vs. Bike

Bluezx6r

In the latest SSB (Super Streetbike), They had a roll start 60-120mph race Between Various and highly modded cars and a bone stock ZX14. Pretty interesting article. The 14 won every race and we are talking cars with crazy horse power. The final test was a 1000Hp Dodge Viper but the bike still got the viper by 7 seconds.:eek:

I just kinda wanted to hear your opinions on the car vs bike issue. Because im sure everyones opinion is diffrent.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it was from a dead stop when I read it? I'll have to check again when I have the time.

I have a 14, and like they said the 1000hp Viper got stronger and stronger as it inched near 100mph and more. Just like they said it would surpass the bike at top end around 180 and above, unless the 14 was a turbo. Mr. Turbo's 14 has hit 230.51mph.

But yeah, the Viper was near $150,000 and it had to be put on a flat bed after the run because the 1000hp fucked up his transmission....haha.

I thought it was from a dead stop when I read it? I'll have to check again when I have the time.

I have a 14, and like they said the 1000hp Viper got stronger and stronger as it inched near 100mph and more. Just like they said it would surpass the bike at top end around 180 and above, unless the 14 was a turbo. Mr. Turbo's 14 has hit 230.51mph.

But yeah, the Viper was near $150,000 and it had to be put on a flat bed after the run because the 1000hp fucked up his transmission....haha.

Yea i thought so too, But it was from a roll because they believe that most "street" races are not from a dead stop. But that viper blew its tranny lol But that guy should have no problem getting it fixed he dropped over 150,000 into the car lol.

Top gear has done a couple of Lambos against a Ducati I think.

do you remember the results? the one i watched was an underpowered porsche, and in the straights it was getting ran down, but in corners it was beasting the bike...the lambo and ducati are both on different levels than a base porsche and an r1 though

do you remember the results? the one i watched was an underpowered porsche, and in the straights it was getting ran down, but in corners it was beasting the bike...the lambo and ducati are both on different levels than a base porsche and an r1 though

Yeah the Ducati won both I think. It over took the lambo on a straight and the Lambo couldn't overtake the Ducati again in the corners. If I remember right it couldn't because he risked hitting him, the Lambo was all over the Ducs butt in the corners. It's been a while since I've seen it so my memory might be off a bit.

Just watched the Porsche vid on my phone, couldn't do audio (no headphone jack), last half of the lap the rider just quit pushing. NTM he was right there on the back straight and didn't blow by him? Ok it's all excuses but I like the ducati vid better.

Still, subjectively, the bike takes more skill and to me that makes it more rewarding. Ntm the difference in $$$.

I just found out that the Switzer guy is actually just down the road from me in Oberlin, OH. Interesting that he's taking these high end imports and tuning them in a little podunk shop out in the country.

The cars they put out from that shop are ridiculous. He does everything from high end imports to DSM's. If I ever had more money that I knew what to do with, my car would end up there getting work done