YAMAHA R1 Turbo ride

hue jass

I never understood why some have boosted liter bikes before. The RC and car were beating him until he got in a high enough gear so it wouldn't come up on him. The first few gears he shifted waaaay too early because of the boost making him go skyward practically making them gears useless. Too much power for such a light bike at stock wheelbase too. Turbo's are best for Busa's and 14's.

Edited by NinjaNick

Here's an oldie but goodie of a well performing Velocity Turbo Busa down in Florida.

Crank up your surround sound if you have it because it sounds sooo sweet. Just watching the needle sweep from 140-180 is so beautiful.

2:40 minute mark is pure sex to watch that needle sweep.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdrzKKBfGVQ

Edited by NinjaNick

Here's an oldie but goodie of a well performing Velocity Turbo Busa down in Florida.

Crank up your surround sound if you have it because it sounds sooo sweet. Just watching the needle sweep from 140-180 is so beautiful.

2:40 minute mark is pure sex to watch that needle sweep.

Love that vid.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdrzKKBfGVQ][/ame]

No doubt that R1 is making some sick power, but it's already been pointed out that's it pretty unusable with the stock wheelbase.

FWIW, that's just my opinion, but this is akin to someone putting a 500+ hp V8 in an Exige... and I don't recall hearing of someone doing that swap because it'll completely upset the balance of the car, defeating the purpose of buying that kind of machine in the first place.

I mean yeah, the power is cool but just like Nick said it's completely unusable with the front wheel in the air. I get pissed that I can't even keep the Mille on the deck in 1st gear. It's depressing, because the torque and push in 1st is just awesome for my bike but if you go over 1/2 throttle the front wheel is way up in the air. No fun.

I had 1984 Kaw 750 Turbo boosted a bit. 10.27 on the quarter. It sucked on the backroads. It was a pig off boost and uncontrollable on the boost, especially on the curves.

I'm not that great on the curves to begin with but adding a turbo significantly complicates matters due to the on/off nature of the power delivery.

It was a great highway bike though. Would have made a great sport tourer.