Ride All Winter/ Is This a Good Deal?

S-13

I just moved to Phoenix Arizona about three weeks ago from Toledo, OH.

If anyone remembers my posts from back in June, I hit a semi and totaled my bike and am just now looking to get a new one. Now that I'm in AZ I can ride all year, so although I missed out on riding season in Ohio I can start riding here in Phoenix.

I've been wanting to ride so bad since my accident and may have come across a good deal on a bike, what do you guys think?

2007 Yamaha V-Star

136 miles (no typo, it's actually 136)

1300 cc

passenger backrest

floorboards

toe/heel shifters

holeshot aftermarket dual exhaust

The dealership also agreed to throw in helmet, riding jacket/boots, gloves, and possibly different handlebars since I don't like the stock ones

The price would be roughly $11,200 after all fees, taxes, and financing charges. I haven't tried to talk them down on the price yet, but that may be possible. So does that sound like a decent buy?

lol, my best friend got a v star 1300 black with all kinds of chrome for 8000 otd. his was brand new from rick roush in medina. i was with him. your getting fucked

Well, this is why I posted before buying haha. I've just been itching to get a bike since I got here though. It was a high of 92 yesterday here and every time I see someone on a bike it kills me that I don't have another one yet.

http://www.cycletrader.com/find/search-results/Type-Motorcycle/Make-Yamaha/Keyword-star/Radius-50/Zip-85001/Sort-Year:DESC/

Lotsa Star bikes in a 50 mile radius of Phoenix zip 85001.

Good luck with the hunt!

Edited by jblosser

KBB retail value is 6700 and maybe ad a few bucks for the extras but nowhere near they 11200 they are asking.

I have been trying to get the wife to move to vegas she will have give in someday.

The asking price was about $7800. $11200 is after tax tag title and 19% financing. Even so it still doesn't sound good from what you guys are saying.

Good luck with convincing the wife, the weather is beautiful here and completely worth the move. Although the company I'm with did pay for me to move so it was a bit easier for me.

19%? WTF?? Why would you ever agree to pay that much in interest?

I don't have much credit history. The little I do have is good though. Last time I tried to get financed I couldn't without a co-signer. I kind of expected it to be on the high end. I was told it drops to 10% on a new bike as compared to used, but haven't seen that on paper yet. Again, this is why I'm posting before buying, cause I've never bought anything from a dealership and am new to financing/loans. I do want to build credit history with a loan though so that it will help when I'm ready to make larger purchases like a new truck or a house down the road.

Likwid, there's no reason to be jealous cause I don't even have a bike yet haha. Once I get one people can start being jealous.