Beginning Rider Needs A Mentor

JaysonL

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No hating here, that'll be a good first bike to learn to ride on.

I'm kinda late to the thread, but if you'd like to go riding with me for a weekend - maybe somewhere south - I'd be more than happy to show you what little bit I know about riding.

A couple of days spent on your riding skills will help you quite a bit.

Good luck!

Take him up on that Jayson ! He's got skillz and knowledge to share

No hating here, that'll be a good first bike to learn to ride on.

I'm kinda late to the thread, but if you'd like to go riding with me for a weekend - maybe somewhere south - I'd be more than happy to show you what little bit I know about riding.

A couple of days spent on your riding skills will help you quite a bit.

Good luck!

I think I WILL take you up on it. Come spring time I'll definitely hit you up for some lessons.

Oh, and hopefully if everything works out and I feel comfortable enough, the Glacier National Park trip during summer '10 sounds amazing! I hope I'll be able to join on in with you guys.

I think I WILL take you up on it. Come spring time I'll definitely hit you up for some lessons.

Oh, and hopefully if everything works out and I feel comfortable enough, the Glacier National Park trip during summer '10 sounds amazing! I hope I'll be able to join on in with you guys.

It's not so much "lessons" you'll need to learn to ride well, that comes with experience. It's more of the proper "attitude" to have a as a newer rider. Things like "all cars are out to get me" and knowing when to ride a little more briskly and when not to.

Sounds like common sense, but when riding a bike, sometimes our common sense fails us.

Anyway, once it's warmer we can head to southern Ohio or somepalce desolate and work on our riding craft.

So I just had to show you all my beautiful new Katie.

Here's my baby:

For the model year, the plastics look to be in excellent condition. Apart from taking Earache up on his offer, I'd get an account on KatRiders.com immediately if not sooner. There are a few quirky things about the pre's (88-97) that you might want to look into wrenching out now that it's winter and you have time. They can also handle any technical questions that you have that we may not be able to answer.

Keep it nice and easy for the first year, and don't come to Coshocton without frame sliders, swingarm sliders and an airbag. :)

For the model year, the plastics look to be in excellent condition. Apart from taking Earache up on his offer, I'd get an account on KatRiders.com immediately if not sooner. There are a few quirky things about the pre's (88-97) that you might want to look into wrenching out now that it's winter and you have time. They can also handle any technical questions that you have that we may not be able to answer.

Keep it nice and easy for the first year, and don't come to Coshocton without frame sliders, swingarm sliders and an airbag. :)

The plastics are in excellent condition. I did tell Jayson to sign up at Katriders.com. I am kinda sad that I sold the bike,it really is in excellent, "needs nothing" condition. But for me, I plan to get into autocross racing. So to help fund that project, I decided to sell the Katana. I will still have my 1982 GS 850 L, so I'll still have a bike, just not that bike.

Jayson, in 2 or 3 years, PLEASE sell this bike back to me.

Jayson, in 2 or 3 years, PLEASE sell this bike back to me.

Haha!

....I'll think about it! :D

And I'm signing up to Katriders.com this morning.

Cheech - I'll stay away from you guys for a few YEARS I think haha :D