So I started my tear down

rad_x_boarder

After tonight, I pretty much have her down to just a frame and motor. Front and rear end are completely off as well as tank and seats. Electronics, lights, and signals are gone. Just going to be cleaning things up a bit for now. I have an R6 seat front seat, f4i rear shock, f4i rearset adapters, HEL braided lines, gsxr rectifier, gsxr front brake assembly that will be going on once things are cleaned up. Will also be trying my hand at fiberglass fabrication for a belly pan, rear seat (solo), front and rear fenders, and headlight fairing/mask.

F4i rearset adapters from ebay. Can also see the f4i shock too. One thing I also have but didn't take a picture is an F4i kickstand. Had to take the actual stand off though and swap mounting brackets and reroute the spring, but it works so no more super lean when parked.

DSCF4066.jpg

DSCF4063.jpg

Now that I look at the pics again, I see it's coming out from the middle, and might be from further up than the head gasket. Could be a crankcase vent hose leaking, or missing there, would be nice if that's it!

Yeah I was told/thinking head gasket also, but you are right if I look up into it, it's coming from higher. I need to get the airbox back off and have a look see. Thanks for the heads up though.

• 2 weeks later...

That looks likr it will be MUCH easier to fix that leak! Even if it needs new carb boots (or whatever it has to attach the carbs) it should be cheap and easy! From what I can see, the valves don't look that bad. They will have some buildup on them, and that doesn't look to be anything out of the normal. You should see some of the cars I've worked on!

I started into my bike a little bit today, but I'll do something unusual for OR and put that in my own thread to keep this one on topic....

Yes, I agree. I think I'm still going to replace all the gaskets and such since it is older bike while I am doing all the clean up in there. I need to look into insulutating my garage, too so it's not so butt ass cold in there.

So to clean up the valves, I have Gunk brand carb, valve, cleaner. Would I actually have to pull them out or can I go ahead and spray them still in the motor??