Garmin vs. TomTom--Questions/Comparisons

Fonzie

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes..but they sell Detector detectors and stealth modes but then the cops have detector detector detectors...

I'm suprised they can make radar detectors illegal... I mean, I'm not sure how they work exactly but maybe detecting microwaves, or whatever waves a radar emits.... how would it not be my right to know if i'm being targeted with microwaves, or any other sort of waves for that matter.... what if i'm scared of all electromagnetic waves and choose to have all sorts of wavelength detectors and one of them happens to detect the wavelength that is being emitted from the radar??

I agree but someone might throw you in the nut house. Virginia is one of them. I dislike that state.

as do I. We took a road trip to SC this weekend and missed the no radar sign as we were checking the GPS to make sure we were going the right way and my buddy got popped for speeding and for having a radar detector....even though it was not even plugged in. So many cops all over in that state

I used a TomTom in his car this weekend and it seemed pretty easy to use and I too am stuck between a Garmin and a TomTom. I had been convinced to get a Garmin but I have never actually used one whereas I now have some experience with the TomTom and I liked the interface of it and what not. Basically I am going to do some more research tomorrow when I get some extra time at work and see if I can't take advantage of a Cyber Monday deal. Really all I want is something that I can do a pre-determined route for the bike and that will get me from point A to point B in the car thats not some ass backwards way

Edited by Bad324

I used a TomTom in his car this weekend and it seemed pretty easy to use and I too am stuck between a Garmin and a TomTom. I had been convinced to get a Garmin but I have never actually used one whereas I now have some experience with the TomTom and I liked the interface of it and what not. Basically I am going to do some more research tomorrow when I get some extra time at work and see if I can't take advantage of a Cyber Monday deal. Really all I want is something that I can do a pre-determined route for the bike and that will get me from point A to point B in the car thats not some ass backwards way

The Garmin Nuvi I got my wife is now marked down to $99 @ WalMart

anyone used any of the in-dash Pioneer units? i was looking at their 7" double DIN stereo/dvd/nav systems but never heard anything about their GPS abilities

Chevysoldier has one, I think it's a few years older, but they don't seem to change those units as often as the others. I'll mention it to him when I see him at work tomorrow, and maybe he can chime in on it for you, further hijacking Fonzie's thread (like that's an issue around here anyway :dunno:)

you should spend the extra $20 for that.

You read wrong dude.... The SE was $20 cheaper

I'm waiting on the Gps/radar detector combo. Someone's got to realize that's a good idea.

HAAA! :eek: I was just thinking the exact same thing yesterday!!

The Garmin Nuvi I got my wife is now marked down to $99 @ WalMart

Does that one allow for route planning with waypoints? If I am understanding this correctly, the Nuvi 260W I found at Best Buy for $115 allows for custom route planning which is what I am looking for use with the bike

yeah the echo of win!:boxing:

I looked into the one you said then I saw the pricing on it and yaaaa no thanks. My money can be spent better elsewhere :lol:

I decided to end up getting a Garmin Nuvi 255WT for $130 from Best Buy. I had a couple leftover giftcards so I figured why not