does anyone here jog?

oldschoolsdime92

• 4 weeks later...

Using some of the advice from Saacattack and CrazySkullCrusher bringing up a band i haven't listen to in a long time "Mushroomhead" i ran a personnel best TurkeyTrot 5K this morning in 30:53. A minute and a half faster than the last one. Now to pig out for Thanksgiving!

No 5k for me this year, but I took the dogs our for a 5 mile run.

They like to sprint the first mile, and then I spend the next 4 urging them to keep up. Between poop breaks, and my 2 push-up/pull-up stops along our route, our 60 minute 5 miler was unimpressive, but it's a moral victory since the dogs are at least tired before we head out for dinner

Dude, nice work, 20th! I've been struggling a bit with injuries for the last couple months, so I only managed a 45:52 at the TT. I should be just under 40, all other things remaining equal. Oh well, room for improvement next year, for sure!

CephastGt-

You ought to head up to Piqua on Dec.8th.

http://www.speedy-feet.com/race-entry.php?id=603

Im doing this one also. Gonna get under 30min or puke trying! I think i could have been under 30min. today if there wasnt so much traffic to make my way through. I would say there were 400ish runners/walkers on an out and back course on a bike path through a park. Pretty congested especially when the people out front were on there way back from the turn around. I spent alot of time in the grass getting around people.

Congrats!! I traded in my jogging shoes. I have logged 50 miles since Friday, with today being a person al best of 21 miles in 1.2 hours.

IMAG2166.jpg

Congrats on finding the only mode of transportation that is more dangerous than a motorcycle. Woohoo!

I'm pretty rural for the most part. I have the middle of nowhere a mile from my house in every direction. I rode 21 miles yesterday, and passed 3 cars the entire time.

You must be haulin' ass on that bike to be passing cars!:eek:

• 3 months later...

I went and ran again for the first time yesterday. I was under 21 minutes for 5k a while back. I ended up doing 5k in around 33 minutes my first day back at it in a few years.

I plan on doing 5k runs to start out and get my endurance back, then I'll move onto getting my 1 mile time faster.

When you tell yourself you should stop, keep going. I also like to run outside and not in a gym.

Had my first 5k of the season last Saturday. Fighting some issues in my left knee, but finished in 27:31.

http://cephas365.blogspot.com/2013/03/076-mvdsa-5k.html

Did my first two mile race last weekend in the snow, sleet and freezing rain. Finished in 22:06. The weekend before I ran it in 21:00, but had better weather and I didn;t have to deal with 1,437 other people running with me. Have a 5K planned for April and May.

• 3 weeks later...
Finished my first halfie of the season this morning:

http://cephas365.blogspot.com/2013/04/097-expectations.html

Nice finish! Congratulations! Have my first halfie comming up may 4 in Columbus. Been training with a group called MIT! Great motivation. Im doing the Airforce Half Marathon in September.