does anyone here jog?

oldschoolsdime92

What does this mean?

C25K - Couch to 5K (Training Program)

W4D2 - Week 4, Day 2.

C'mon, I know you could've figured that out. :p

Guys, I'm having a REALLY hard time getting motivated to start my workouts. I misplaced my p90x DVDs and am using that as an excuse to be lazy..... what to do?!?

Get fat and unattractive.

Fonz, that's sweet that you've been so motivated. *thumbs up*

Everyone else, I'm suggesting not "real" workouts, but fun snow activities. Large snowball fights, ice skating, snowboarding/skiing, etc. I didn't gain my winter 10 this year (only gained a winter 2 woot), and I'm pretty certain its bc i've been on my board so much. I certainly am not eating less.

i've been working so much, that by the time i get off i go to bed.I need to get back at it.

I know what you mean.... I usually go to sleep too after I get off

C25K-W4 complete

~15 degrees @19:30

Did NOT feel like going at all tonight.... Felt like takin' a nap instead

Snow was packed nice & hard on the roads tonight.... Like my own cushioned track

Actually felt pretty good once I got goin', & decided to to add an extra minute to the last 5 minute segment in preparation for next week, which I think is reeeally gonna suck! :D

Since it is cold as balls outside, maybe everyone could throw up a workout that you do when you cant get out and run. When I am at work, 3 of us do a different workout every shift day. one of them is a 300 workout. (not to get the airbrushed abs like in the movie). 300 total movements. I think it is on you tube, and includes a lot of lower body stuff like lunges and squats. these really get your heart rate up, work the crap out of your core, and use minimal weight. Trust me, you will be sore.

This is my workout

25 pushups

25 sit ups

10 step ups per leg with 25# dumbells

20 bike kicks

10 Cleans (long bar with 25#'s each end, start in squat position and throw to chest) if you still don't get it, check www.crossfit.com videos

10 standing side crunches per side. I hold a 45# plate in the opposite hand

20 leg raises

20 bench dips

plank 60 seconds

each side plank 60 seconds

rest and repeat 2 more times

try to transition from one to the next with minimal rest between. Take five minutes at the end of the rotation and get a drink, let your heart slow down. this can be done in 30 minutes or less.

C25K - Couch to 5K (Training Program)

W4D2 - Week 4, Day 2.

C'mon, I know you could've figured that out. :p

Get fat and unattractive.

Ah, thanks. It was the C25K that was throwing me off....

I'd rather not get fat and unattractive along with my tall and pale :puke:.

Plus it makes being on the bike awkward.

So I cleaned the house and put my p90x DVDs somewhere and simply CANNOT find them! This is so frustrating.

Edited by SchmuckGirl

25 pushups

25 sit ups

10 step ups per leg with 25# dumbells

20 bike kicks

10 Cleans (long bar with 25#'s each end, start in squat position and throw to chest) if you still don't get it, check www.crossfit.com videos

10 standing side crunches per side. I hold a 45# plate in the opposite hand

20 leg raises

20 bench dips

plank 60 seconds

each side plank 60 seconds

rest and repeat 2 more times

What do you mean sit ups per leg?

err. I fail. I read it wrong

fonz, How can you do the cold?

Doesn't seem to bother me too much. Last week nose & teeth hurt a bit when I was out in the open at the high school track, but once I got goin' I warmed right up.

All I'm still wearin' is a micro thin DriStar top with a fleece over the top. That's it, 'cept for hat & gloves of course

Had a cold last week. Was afraid it was gonna slow my progress down, but actually got over it pretty quickly this time

W5D2 done

11:15 this morning & a balmy 30 degrees

Not so sure about this 2 miles/20 minutes non-stop D3?? Awful big jump!

My doctor's an avid runner, currently training for the Chicago, & ultimately Boston Marathons, & he recently shared with me that the key to running is to increase by 10% a week. W5D2 to D3 is 150% increase with only a days rest in between, and frankly I'm not sure I'm up to it. Another friend who's been running forever says to add 1 minute each run. D3 would be a 12 minute increase

I keep wondering if I want to modify D3 this week, and add another modified week next week, more gradually ramping up to the 20 minutes/2 miles