does anyone here jog?

oldschoolsdime92

You could always try the unmodified and if you just don't make it, then add the modified week.

?

Kinda thinking that too.... But then I'm gonna feel like a wuss if I quit & modify, since I've cleared all the previous ones

I think I would certinly do the modified week. That sounds like an awful big jump.

Depends on how I look at it.....

I just ran 16 minutes/1.5 miles yesterday..... This would be 20 minutes/2 miles tomorrow

The difference being of course.... No 5 minute walk in between

After perusing the C25K board a bit last night..... Seems this particular day/session is an anxious one for quite a few people

Edited by Fonzie

BTW.... I FAIL yesterday thumbsdown.gif

Was about to stop & walk anyway yesterday, when I was confronted by an unchained dog who ran off it's porch to come circle & bark at me in the middle of the street until it's owner ran out & grabbed it

Ran 8.5, 4, & 5 minutes.... Walked 3 & 1.5, for 2.4 total miles (5 minute warm up & cool down walks included)

Technically an increase from the previous day, with 1.5 minutes longer total run, & 30 sec's less walk..... But still not the prescribed goal for the day :nono:

I knew jumpin' from 8 to 20 minutes was too big a leap for me, but trusted the program & the fact that I'd met the other goals even though I was unsure

I think this is where C25K & I part ways, and I follow my doctor & friend's advice about 10% / 1 minute increases. I need something more gradual so my mind has some negotiating leverage with my body. Thinking of maybe repeating W5D2, then doing two 10 minute runs the other 2 days W6, or maybe 11, then 12 :dunno:

Edited by Fonzie

l DID IT!!!

~30 degrees. Was very lethargic tonight & didn't feel like goin' out. Ate an apple shortly before leaving, as I hadn't ate much today & thought it might help boost my blood sugar & give me some quick energy. Made a quick pit stop & "cargo drop" too 04.gif, which left me feelin' "light" on the inside emotion-5.gif

Felt pretty good after first few minutes, so decided to to scrap my plans of proceeding with W6, & instead try for 20mins again or just keep running until I couldn't anymore. Very slow pace…. Almost a trot or shuffle, back on heels most of time. Kept hearing in the back of my head...."Key to this run is to sloooow down". I'm a slow runner to begin with, so didn't think I could run any slower.... But I just found a nice fluid pace

Breathing was very steady, not ragged.

Ran 20 minutes no problem. Felt decent, so decided to relocate my target

Then 25

Decided to shoot for 30

Still movin'.... So moved the bogey to 35

Breathing still good, pace still steady, legs still movin.... Screw it.... We're goin' for the full 5K/3.2 miles. I'm not gonna get this close & quit again!

Checked h/r several times during last mile or 2.... In 150's all 3 times.

Ran 5K/ 3.2 miles in 42:42... NO STOPS!!

Slow as hell, I know.... But very happy with myself right now (and very sore emotion-5.gif... Hopefully I don't cramp up real bad tonight).... Especially after how I quit on Saturday after 8.5 freakin' minutes nonono-1.gif

Edited by Fonzie

After trying to talk yourself out of it? Loser. You suck at convincing yourself to slack off.... :lol:

Congrats!

Thanx Bud!

W6D3 done on Saturday

A tropical 40 degrees @ 17:30

Another slow pace..... 2 miles/ 25 minutes

No walks

900+cals burned/90+ fat per SX

Heart rate in the low 140's every time I checked

Edited by Fonzie

W7D1 in the books last night @ 20:30

29 degrees, but windy & light snow blowing sideways

25 minutes... No walk

575 calories burned per Mio

Thighs felt great, but right shin felt very tight again. Lungs good/breathing steady, not ragged. H/R was 148 ~ halfway through. Pace felt faster, but ended up ~30 sec's slower

• 2 weeks later...

W8D1 complete @ 19:30

28 degrees & blizzard like conditions

Blowing so hard, that each time I finished a loop, my footprints from 10 minutes earlier were often gone

Quiet & peaceful except for the howl of the wind

Shins felt good tonight

W7 completed Wednesday night 18:00

Actually ran 26:30 in preparation for today

Never really felt like I got in a groove.... Mind had to force body to keep setting the next foot down

Heart rate was high 140's most of time per Mio, ~25-30 beats lower than this time last year

Breathing relaxed.... Finally understanding how they say you should be able to talk if your pace is right

Been hard at it too. Working with a personal trainer outside of my running. I havent lost a ton of weight....12#, but my core strength and balance is a lot better. Last week I ran my best 1.5 mile @ 13:12, and my best 5K at 28:35. Looking forward to getting outside and hitting the asphalt.

W8 complete

26 degrees @ 13:30

Blizzard 2010 v2.0 beginning

Tough run…. Felt more like an obstacle course out there these last few times.

Several inches of fresh powder already. Footing was terrible. Kept wanting to quit & almost did sooo many times.

I sure hope these adverse conditions lately pay dividends with my pace/distance later when weather/roads are clear again

24 down… 3 to go

SCORE.... My deal of the day!!

Stumbled on a pair of Adidas Kanadia trail/running shoes at Meijer yesterday

Original retail of $65

Clearance price marked $32

Got up to the register & they rang another 25% off that

So my final price..... $25 emotion-15.gif

They must run a bit small though, especially for Adidas, which are typically roomy on me. Normally wear a size 12, but those were tight on me, & 13's fit good. Been wearing them around the house to break them in a bit

Anybody else wearing these??

W9D1 done

25 degrees @ 18:00

Roads were better…. Snow mostly tight pack. Pace apparently a little quicker tonight, as made it a little farther by 28 min mark.

Thighs were feeling burn/drain tonight. Shins have felt good the last few outings

Lost couple lbs after the run

25 down.... 2 to go

Edited by Fonzie

I still say you're a lunatic for running outside in these temps. Adidas or not. You're ridiculous.

Thank you :D

I clicked off a 21:21 5k yesterday in the nice warm gym on a nice warm treadmill.

Running on a treadmill would bore me to tears

W9D3 DONE!

C25K DONE!!

33 degrees in the snowglobe again @ 15:30 yesterday

Legs felt heavy/dead again, even with the extra day of rest & slightly slower pace today... Like they were just pounding the pavement. The new snow was nice & tightpack this time, but VERY slippery.... About lost it just walking cooldown

Ran a couple minutes extra today for 32, & made myself at least do 2.4 miles today to graduate C25K

1 lap short, and a super slow pace I know, but for 300lbs.... I'm pretty proud of myself for sticking with it, especially with all the inclimate weather lately. Blasting through W5D3 on the 2nd try, with a full 5k run in 42 minutes was a major turning point in what I realized I could do.... Everything after that was downhill!

VERY sore today for some reason

Think I'm leaning toward OHR next, though I'll probably stop at 45 minutes & modify it a bit. I have no current aspirations of doing a half marathon, though 5 & 8k's do sound appealing. There's a 5k beginning of May I might do.

I'm more interested in losing this weight & getting back in shape, so I'm thinking OHR every 4th day, alternated with some sort of crosstraining mixed in every 4th day, so I always have a rest day in between each for now, until I quit being so sore all the time

Good luck to everyone! Checking in here was a good motivator for me... Kept me goin' even when I thought I couldn't. Cliche' I know.... But if I can do this, almost anyone can

• 3 weeks later...
So, :wtf: Fonz? C25K done, is that all you got? Are you moving on to anything else, or back to the couch? :lol:

I'm still at it, just haven't been posting in here anymore. Took some time off after C25K to let my body rest a bit, plus whole fam got sick last week, & just general "busy"ness

I'm not really interested in running marathons at this time, though 5, 8 & 10k's do hold a possibility, but more interested in losing this 60lbs I've put on over the last 5 years, and generally getting back into some shape other than round emotion-5.gif

Running's convenient for me, but I want to mix in some other stuff to keep from getting bored. I've decided I'm going to try a combination of OHR &/or Hal Higdon up to the 45 minute mark, with some other things mixed in.... Alternating running every 4th day, hopefully with some pilates, yoga, coreball, band classes, etc at the Y every 4th day, so I always have a rest day in between since I'm still so sore after every workout

Wish me luck! ;)

I'm still at it, just haven't been posting in here anymore. Took some time off after C25K to let my body rest a bit, plus whole fam got sick last week, & just general "busy"ness

I'm not really interested in running marathons at this time, though 5, 8 & 10k's do hold a possibility, but more interested in losing this 60lbs I've put on over the last 5 years, and generally getting back into some shape other than round emotion-5.gif

Running's convenient for me, but I want to mix in some other stuff to keep from getting bored. I've decided I'm going to try a combination of OHR &/or Hal Higdon up to the 45 minute mark, with some other things mixed in.... Alternating running every 4th day, hopefully with some pilates, yoga, coreball, band classes, etc at the Y every 4th day, so I always have a rest day in between since I'm still so sore after every workout

Wish me luck! ;)

Good luck!

I REALLY need to get going with SOMETHING! I'm not really overweight, just so out of shape. My wife is doing the Wii Fit thing, and seeing great results, and I'm still slacking! Running isn't very convenient, but with the weather breaking, and roads clearing, I should be able to do some.

wish me luck as well!