HB191 = Street Racing = Oh Shit

Casper

Should HB191 be passed?  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Should HB191 be passed?

• Yes
    • No

Summary: http://www.legislature.state.oh.us/analysis.cfm?ID=128_HB_191&hf=analyses128/h0191-i-128.htm

The entire thing: http://www.legislature.state.oh.us/BillText128/128_HB_191_I_Y.html

Cliffs:

- using nitrous on the street will be the same as a DUI

- if you accelerate quickly, squeal tires, corner hard, brake hard, etc, they can detain/arrest you. if you're found guilty, courts are REQUIRED to seize your car/bike. you don't get it back.

- anyone encouraging/helping/participating gets the same penalties. ie: the threads on here about stupid cagers and squids racing bikes = jail time for those who laugh or say anything positive about the race.

- you can be the only car/bike on the road and still be found guilty of street racing.

- riding/driving any way other than what the court deems "normal" is considered street racing

- we're all fucked if this passes. most don't street race, but just riding hard can/will be considered street racing.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if that passes, guess I'll just start running. they're taking the bike anyway.

As much as I hate to admit it, yes. Because now instead of getting a ticket for fooling around, now they're gonna take my bike away and try to make sure I never drive again. What incentive do I have to stop? Now we're all going to turn into QuikZX9 guys.

thats why i do only track days,so i dont need worry abouth this crap.

thats what youre missing though...this is going to affect everyone on the road...profiling is going to shoot through the roof...accelerating too fast is grounds for losing your car? accelerating too fast is subjective, so you get a dick cop and your done for...anyone with a loud exhaust will be accelerating too fast, anyone on a bike, anyone with tint and wheels, etc etc etc... the only people who should not care about this bill are people in average plain jane looking cars who never go even 1mph over the limit, ever