another one for the good guy

rick37

^+1. Hell, they may not even have to lock the door for he next month. And thank you to the storekeep who no only rid the Earth of another missing link, but saved the Ohio taxpayers hundreds of thousands of dollars in court costs and upkeep for the slimeball to rot in prison.

It'll be interesting to see what Autozone Corporate has to say about a gun being on the premises.

It didn't happen at AutoZone. It occurred at Advanced Auto Sales.

If the account of what happened in the story at the bottom is correct I think the employee may sadly find himself in trouble if he shot the robber in the back as the robber was running away.

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/local_news/stories/2009/12/22/auto_shooting_for_print.ART_ART_12-22-09_B3_VDG2UVD.html

Edited by Pedro

It didn't happen at AutoZone. It occurred at Advanced Auto Sales.

If the account of what happened in the story at the bottom is correct I think the employee may sadly find himself in trouble if he shot the robber in the back as the robber was running away.

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/local_news/stories/2009/12/22/auto_shooting_for_print.ART_ART_12-22-09_B3_VDG2UVD.html

I'm not sure... either way the guy has a broken nose... I'm wondering if there's a corporate "no weapons for employees" policy, the original story said he went and retrieved his gun, that could have been because he didn't want to get in trouble for having his gun at work?

Just speculating, either way, the robber was armed and the robber broker someone's nose... I'm not willing to bet my life he would have stopped at breaking my nose... but that's just me.

Edit: I didn't notice the employee gave chase... that's a sure fire sign he was no longer at risk...

I'm not sure... either way the guy has a broken nose... I'm wondering if there's a corporate "no weapons for employees" policy, the original story said he went and retrieved his gun, that could have been because he didn't want to get in trouble for having his gun at work?

Just speculating, either way, the robber was armed and the robber broker someone's nose... I'm not willing to bet my life he would have stopped at breaking my nose... but that's just me.

Edit: I didn't notice the employee gave chase... that's a sure fire sign he was no longer at risk...

Exactly, that's why I hope the story is wrong and he didn't give chase.

Well, looks like the story took a turn for the good.

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/local_news/stories/2009/12/22/Car-dealership-employee-likely-wonxt-be-charged-in-fatal-shooting.html?sid=101 :D

"The shooter gave us a statement claiming it was self-defense and the evidence at the scene supports that," Sgt. Christ Holzhauser said this afternoon. He said an investigative packet will be prepared for presentation to a Franklin County grand jury, in keeping with Division policy. Police did not release the name of the robbery victim, but the owner of A S Auto Sales, 657 E. 5th Ave., told The Dispatch that his cousin, Yazen Abdul, shot Foster.

Although the owner, Ahmed Salah, told a reporter that Abdul chased the man and shot him, Holzhauser said, "There's no indication that he was fleeing as he was shot. It was still an ongoing event."