New Years Resolutions

dustinsn3485

Alright Christmas is over...

What's your New Years resolution and how do you plan to achieve it?

I want to be more appreciative of the things I have in life. A job, money to live on, family that loves me, materialistic crap that keeps me content, etc.

I want to focus on the good things in life not all the negatives that bring me down.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I know is all the NY Resolution assholes that want to "lose weight" better stay the f*(k outta my way in the gym.

Happens every year... I'll see 'those people' once or twice a week until mid-February getting in my way on my machines, then never again.

Wow....

Don't they have as much right to the gym as you?

Where's the tolerance your party preaches?? That's right, you're only tolerant of those that agree with you.

My bad.

All I know is all the NY Resolution assholes that want to "lose weight" better stay the f*(k outta my way in the gym.

Happens every year... I'll see 'those people' once or twice a week until mid-February getting in my way on my machines, then never again.

WOW, who is the asshole? :wtf:

Slow your roid roll bubby.

Yep.. Gym is packed with fucks hogging the equipment and dont know how to work out or even care to learn. First 2 months is a bitch after new year.

That's why it's best just to take the month of January as a little break from the gym. There's usually so many of them that it screws up your workout anyway.

Can't get on your Nautilus right away? Ooooooooooooo...:o

Wow....

Don't they have as much right to the gym as you?

Where's the tolerance your party preaches?? That's right, you're only tolerant of those that agree with you.

My bad.

God forbid they go to the gym, don't want them being 'indoctrinated' to a healthy lifestyle. Democrats work out. :rolleyes:

It boils down to: If you don't have the self-discipline to make it a lifestyle, then don't act 'holier than thou' for the first 2 months out of the year and give some lame-ass excuse why you gave up.

I've got my routine down to be as efficient as possible, I'm conscientious of the other regulars and their routines, and I clean up the machines when I'm done.

All these others - and it's the same people each year, show up, ask how to use the machine (since they forgot after the last 3 times they've been told), ask advice on how to lift (sets/reps), don't listen to any of it, spend 25 minutes of their 30 minute workout talking about working out, and then leave the two machines they did use with their swamp ass.

I'm all for helping people out, I'll answer the questions they have if they're new or unaware of how a machine works or what certain lifts will target, but none of these people stick with it and just get in the way for the first two months out of the year. I can't teach self-discipline. :violin:

God forbid they go to the gym, don't want them being 'indoctrinated' to a healthy lifestyle. Democrats work out. :rolleyes:

It boils down to: If you don't have the self-discipline to make it a lifestyle, then don't act 'holier than thou' for the first 2 months out of the year and give some lame-ass excuse why you gave up.

I've got my routine down to be as efficient as possible, I'm conscientious of the other regulars and their routines, and I clean up the machines when I'm done.

All these others - and it's the same people each year, show up, ask how to use the machine (since they forgot after the last 3 times they've been told), ask advice on how to lift (sets/reps), don't listen to any of it, spend 25 minutes of their 30 minute workout talking about working out, and then leave the two machines they did use with their swamp ass.

I'm all for helping people out, I'll answer the questions they have if they're new or unaware of how a machine works or what certain lifts will target, but none of these people stick with it and just get in the way for the first two months out of the year. I can't teach self-discipline. :violin:

Ummm...if they're not there after 2 months, how are you picking up on their "holier than thou" attitude.

If they paid their money (for the year, the month, or the day) they have as much right to use the machines or anything else as you do. Why do you deserve "special treatment"?

Maybe you should open your own gym, and only let in people that do what YOU want them to?

I've got a feeling if they did "stick with it" you'd be bitching about that too.

I plan to lower my expectations , drink more , eat more , and care less.

I got tired of unrealistic goals so thought Id make some attainable ones this year. :)

That pretty much sums it up for me, although I will add getting a track day or two in would be nice. Already saving up for my suit.