Random Thoughts thread

SAMBUSA

1 minute ago, Isaac's Papa said:

Being scolded for not attending the birthday party for my 34 year old friend. Who the fuck has birthday parties as an adult? 

Being scolded for not attending your 29 year old sisters birthday party because your friends who you haven't seen in over 3 years are in from Oklahoma. 

Lack of standards for spam email unsubscribe link sites: Ridiculous list of all marketing shit with checkboxes and update button. No indication whether you check to unsubscribe or checked means stay subscribed to what you never opted in for. Geico:nono:

You mean physically clean it? Iso alcohol with a toothbrush or q tip just on the contacts. But that is a last resort kind of thing. I would put it in first.

If you mean clean of visus's my answer is different.

23 minutes ago, jporter12 said:

Fuck you Google Chrome developers!  

[Rant]  I WANT MY BACKSPACE KEY TO WORK AS IT SHOULD IN A WEB BROWSER! [/Rant]

OK I'm not crazy then. I was wondering what the hell was causing my chrome to not recognize backspace. Alt + left arrow is crap.

• Upvote 1

Fuck you Google Chrome developers!  

[Rant]  I WANT MY BACKSPACE KEY TO WORK AS IT SHOULD IN A WEB BROWSER! [/Rant]

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/backspace-to-go-back/nlffgllnjjkheddehpolbanogdeaogbc?hl=en

or  keyboard with navigation buttons?

Edited by motocat12

if it looks that bad in person (just cause I've seen photos do some weird things to shiney things) then I'm actually surprised the dealership hasn't sent it back to the factory

A good buddy of mine's father works at a Chevy dealer. It is delivered to the dealership without all the body work. A shop mechanic gets the privelage of drilling into the body of a $100k car!

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

As a person who previously worked at a dealership and received cars from the truck driver, the car comes to the dealership fully assembled except for floor mats in the trunk. I have seen some pretty bad paint finishes from the factory from almost every brand. I've buffed brand new black corvettes before putting them on the showroom floor.

18 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

As a person who previously worked at a dealership and received cars from the truck driver, the car comes to the dealership fully assembled except for floor mats in the trunk. I have seen some pretty bad paint finishes from the factory from almost every brand. I've buffed brand new black corvettes before putting them on the showroom floor.

I am very close with Porsche of North Olmsted. I've never seen their cars even the 918 (million plus dollar car) come in with un-assembled body panels. So if Porsche, Mercedes, Aston Martin, and Rolls Royce dont do it, I doubt Chevy ships their cars in pieces. Maybe that explains it though? :lol:

Edited by TimTheAzn

56 minutes ago, frosky said:

A good buddy of mine's father works at a Chevy dealer. It is delivered to the dealership without all the body work. A shop mechanic gets the privelage of drilling into the body of a $100k car!

My brother knows a gas station clerk who is friends with the aunt of the tour manager for AC/DC and I have it on good authority that you've been... Thunderstruck.

GTFO here with that nonsense, assembling new cars at the dealership.

• Upvote 3