for those of you looking for a cheap 9mm

jbot

couldn't find anything on LEO's phone number.

a $50 fee is outrageous though... i wanted to buy from bud's because the shotgun i want is $180 on their site,a dn $229 at Gander Mountain.

$50 fee kind of negates the difference.

So long as its $50 or under I'm ok with it because I was thinking for a first gun $300 was a good price point for myself and with the $50 rebate it will be about that.

This is a lot new to me so its all a learning experience (just like the bike stuff :D) but I tend to be able to pick things up rather quickly and I do have experience at the range. It is just all the choices and lingo that I need to learn and pick up on. I think I will still probably get it but might wait a few days and try to rent one at Stonewall first to make sure. For what I am looking for I can't imagine this would be a terrible choice

So long as its $50 or under I'm ok with it because I was thinking for a first gun $300 was a good price point for myself and with the $50 rebate it will be about that.

This is a lot new to me so its all a learning experience (just like the bike stuff :D) but I tend to be able to pick things up rather quickly and I do have experience at the range. It is just all the choices and lingo that I need to learn and pick up on. I think I will still probably get it but might wait a few days and try to rent one at Stonewall first to make sure. For what I am looking for I can't imagine this would be a terrible choice

Just sent you a link, Pauly has a Kel-Tec for sale.... you'll see a lot of the same "it's a cheap gun" comments, but Pauly will give you an honest answer if you talk to him.

Also if you're really nice he may even let you shoot his gun first.... and then maybe the kel-tec :D

Sigmas are not known as great guns anywhere outside of this thread.

A sigma is what it is. A cheap plinker. If thats all you want in a pistol, save your money and get a Hi-point.

Sigmas are Glock copies...very good copies. I've put several thousand rounds through mine, with no Jams or FTFs. I find them to be accurate and reliable. A H-P isn't in the same league.

Sigmas are Glock copies...very good copies. I've put several thousand rounds through mine, with no Jams or FTFs. I find them to be accurate and reliable. A H-P isn't in the same league.

x2 I liked my .40 shot well never jammed.

but sold it and i will be being a higher end gun.

there are plenty of little FFL's (even individuals who happen to have FFL's) who will transfer a gun for less than $30 (I think i've seen some who will do it for like 10 or 20).

check out ohioccwforums.org

I respect Tony's experience with the Sigmas but I have had a totally different experience with them. I have fired and been around two of these and only two so admittedly have limited exposure. They both were the biggest pieces of shit I have ever been around even worse than the Bersa 380s. Both had issues feeding, extracting and last shot slide holding back. These were two different pistols with two different owners over a year apart using different ammo. I am not a fan boy of any brand or a S&W hater in fact I don't think the M&P should be even mentioned in the same conversation along with the Sigma. Both are no longer owned by the people who purchased them. Your experience may be different though.

Bought a Sigma .40 in late October. Used it for CHL certification. I'm a relative newbie to handguns but its more accurate/fun to shoot than my Taurus 9mm, S&W 638 snubbie or my Yugo(HiPoint)9mm...LOL!!

Have a Taurus Judge Public Defender and a Mossy Persuader for home Protection.

BTW... Just got my $50 rebate in the mail monday for the Sigma.

So now that i ordered this baby its time to talk ammo. Whats the best style that would suit range shooting and home protection? Also, where are the best places to get ammo (ie wal-mart, gun shops, online)?

Oh and this might be a stupid question but if I order ammo online does it also have to be sent to somewhere with an FFL?

This is going to depend on you and your gun. Trial and error' date=' basically. Same goes for personal defense rounds. Just don't carry round nose FMJs for personal protection. It's irresponsible. Get a good defense round. Hornady, Winchester, Remington... any will due, really. Besides, don't ask us. Start looking into reviews and ballistics data and make your own educated decision. [/quote']

I can offer the information I have, take it as you'd like. 9mm Federal LE HST has the largest, most consistent expansion I could find. I bought mine online at AmmunitionToGo.com

Verify ammunition testing here: http://frag.110mb.com/

Ammunition can be shipped to your door.

Some without even a signature!