This this good form?

Likwid

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's trying to get his knee down.. His body position is all crossed up.

That's what I was thinking, seems maybe like people thing putting a knee down is more important than what the purpose is.

Are these pictures considered "perfect" form?

casey_stoner_wideweb__470x312,0.jpg

Casey-stoner-sepang-test-1.jpg

there was a huge artical in sport rider......... about new vs old riding styles.. old being knee out if not some what exaggerated and the head and back horizontal to the bik head being over the gas tank.. new is the most common riding style witht he body more tucked, head forward under the side of turning and body weight centered with emphasis on the back wheel during the turn

Honestly asking, it looks like he's trying too hard to put a knee down.... but maybe I'm off here.

He just went past the big Killboy van.....the knee is down for the photograph. He is mugging for the camera. No offense to whoever that is....he wanted a cool picture of himself and is trying to get it.

I hope we get some seasoned track riders chiming in on this thread...for as much emphasis as people put on body positioning, it sure is hard to get some good, informed advice on the subject.

That was my thought. There's some good folks (including some instructors) on here...

He just went past the big Killboy van.....the knee is down for the photograph. He is mugging for the camera. No offense to whoever that is....he wanted a cool picture of himself and is trying to get it.

Precisely. Look at the tires and where he is at in the turn. He's more than blown the apex, and has yet to orient the bike for the exit. That was poser if I have ever seen it.

there was a huge artical in sport rider......... about new vs old riding styles.. old being knee out if not some what exaggerated and the head and back horizontal to the bik head being over the gas tank.. new is the most common riding style witht he body more tucked, head forward under the side of turning and body weight centered with emphasis on the back wheel during the turn

Here ya go.

http://www.sportrider.com/ride/146_0806_riding_styles_body_position/index.html

depends on the rider, taller bigger guys like flounder (not fat, just big) can stay close to centerline because they can throw around their weight a lot easier and affect the bike more, whereas a smaller guy like myself has to really get off the bike like josh herrin or casey stoner to get the bike to turn like i need it to

again, 10 people asked, 10 different answers.