WTB: Riding Boots

flyboy1011

Lookin to pick up a good pair of boots for this spring because my current ones are my combat boots :cool: If anyone has any gently used ones that's awesome but if not, suggestions are always welcome. I'm not looking for a track boot or anything like that...just something kinda casual and not too expensive. Something kinda like these maybe???http://www.ironpony.com/ironponydirect/product.asp/ImageName/ASTAR-ONE-O-ONE-SHOE.jpg/Brand/ALPINESTARS/Class2/Footwear/Class3/Street%20Boots-Mens/Class1/STREET%20PRODUCTS

if you're looking to pick up someone's used pair, you might consider telling people what your shoe size is.

and instead of the shorty semi-riding boots, i'd just go with a pair that is full coverage, but easy to put on...

maybe something like these: http://www.motostrano.com/bonneville.html

dont have to be puma's or anything like that, but a boot similar to that will provide good ankle protection and full coverage while not breaking the bank, especially if you find some on sale from one of our many fine sponsors.

Edited by jbot

Wonderful boots! Flying Brick and I both have matching pairs. Truly waterproof for all day in the rain adventures and great snow boots too...LOL. Definitely worth the money.

Warm in the winter? Warm in the summer?

They're pretty warm in the winter; I was able to go about 50 miles at highway speeds at 27°F before I started feeling cold. They're warm in the summer...can get a little too warm in the toes if you're riding through very humid stuff but the inside dries pretty quickly.

They're pretty warm in the winter; I was able to go about 50 miles at highway speeds at 27°F before I started feeling cold. They're warm in the summer...can get a little too warm in the toes if you're riding through very humid stuff but the inside dries pretty quickly.

Thanks, I'm gonna just have to get out and look at some!

Wonderful boots! Flying Brick and I both have matching pairs. Truly waterproof for all day in the rain adventures and great snow boots too...LOL. Definitely worth the money.

Such a great all around boot.

Riding the dragon, pitbiking, dualsporting the upper peninsula- these things are great.

I have perforated boots for really hot days but the webs are so comfy, I usually wear them anyways.

Axo Primato II's can be had at the Pony for around 140. Come in white or black comfortable and full ankle and shin coverage. Can get the Primato I's on newenough.com for 90 basically the same boot.

found the Pony page link added http://www.ironpony.com/ironponydirect/product.asp/ImageName/AXO-PRIMATO-2-BLACK.jpg/Brand/AXO/Class2/Footwear/Class3/Street%20Boots-Mens/Class1/STREET%20PRODUCTS

Edited by MidgetTodd

haha that's the EXACT boot I rode in over the summer, Oh and if anyone is selling a gently used pair, I usually wear like a 10

If youre looking for a new boot. I posted a cyclegear coupon in the forums last week. $20 off 75 and if you go thru AAFES (assuming youre MIL) its another 10% and no tax. Pretty good deals and and wide variety of gear.

In line w/jbot: when I got "kissed" by two cars I was wearing cheap ass Vega Touring riding boots. The only things that didn't get scraped or broken were what those cheap crappy boots protected.... my ankles and feet! They fit good, comfy, waterproof, but after 2yrs the soles were toast. $62.99 at the Pony

nitrotourboot.jpg

The Matrix boots by Vega are the same price as above, but are more the style you're looking for. Again, I would use these while you're saving up for a good pair of boots. That will buy you 2yrs at max!

NITROMATRIXBOOT.JPG

Edited by AOW