Honda of Avon going Out of Business

Disclaimer

http://hondaofavon.com/

I found out about this a couple days ago, but didn't want to make it public until someone else did. I bought my Hayabusa from them back in '07.

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/mcy/1551056863.html

Honda of Avon Clearance Sale (Avon, OH) Date: 2010-01-13, 2:49PM EST

Reply to: sale-wwjk5-1551056863@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Please visit Honda of Avon at 38391 Chester Rd., Avon, Ohio 44011 for our final days of business on January 22-24 2010. We will be marking down merchandise to move. Any questions please call 440-934-5353.

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1551056863

I don't know the reasons, but the owner of the Honda of Avon shop also owns the Lake Erie Harley Davidson shop next door. The Harley dealership will remain open as far as I am aware.

So, all you NEO people MAY be able to find some deals on merch or bikes there (when I stopped in last week, they had one silver '08 CBR1000RR left), but I can't guarantee anything.

I really didn't want to go to Roush to deal on the CBRs

Anywhere but Roush, they are too sleazy in the way you have to deal with them. I will never forget the first and last time I tried to buy a bike there. Dude went and got his sales manager and the asshat actually said "So, what do we have to do to make a deal today". It was like trying to buy a car, all the same games and BS.

I strongly recommend Honda East Toledo, it is well worth the drive. Excellent deals, no hassles.

Haven't heard this one. I live about 10 mins from there shop. They were nice enough to offer up a two brothers slip-on for my 750 for only an extra $800.

:eek: That better of been a full system...

andrews isnt going anywhere....or are they

I'm not sure the credibility of the individual that told me. I'm guessing if they are going belly up it will be for restructuring...

I don't blame dealers for trying to sell me on $800 exhaust cans... It's their job to SELL stuff, and the consumer's job to be educated.

You don't stay in business by giving people huge discounts ...unless you're CERTAIN it's going to generate a lot of repeat business. there's certainly a delicate balance between one-time profit, and building customer loyalty.

Unless you just walk in and plunk down your money at asking price, the dealers don't make a ton on new bike sales anyway. the vast majority of their money is made through financing, and accessories (like that $800 can); probably inflated costs on routine maintenance too. Tire changes (on the bike), and oil changes have to be pure profit for those guys.

. You fuckers stay away from my jacket they wouldn't deal with me on, I'm still hoping they will let me have it for my low offer.

I stopped by over the weekend looking for some deals on a helmet and a new jacket. While some of the jackets and lids were a few bucks off I did not see any deals to go gaga over......

I stopped by over the weekend looking for some deals on a helmet and a new jacket. While some of the jackets and lids were a few bucks off I did not see any deals to go gaga over......

Seems I made a oops. I stopped back by Honda of Avon to have a second look at things and ask a few questions. Either I misunderstood something or the pricing has changed but everything is 50% off of retail. I picked up an AWESOME Joe Rocket Super Ego leather jacket, Velocity shoes and some gloves today. $300.00 for everything including a jacket that retailed for $399.00. Lots of stuff still left.

. You fuckers stay away from my jacket they wouldn't deal with me on, I'm still hoping they will let me have it for my low offer.

Did you ever get your jacket? I went back to try and deal on a new Scorpion helmet but they are holding at 50% of retail......Ill wait till Sunday and try again :)

Did you ever get your jacket? I went back to try and deal on a new Scorpion helmet but they are holding at 50% of retail......Ill wait till Sunday and try again :)

Yes, I went today and bought the jacket, I didn't get the deal I wanted but I can live with it. I bought a Joe Rocket Honda race replica leather jacket that retails for $500 all for the low price of $144. I tried to get it for $120 but they wouldn't do it. Since this going out of business sale started I have bought $1,994 of retail priced goods from them for $699. Damn I hate good deals I have three full sets of leathers, four leather jackets, five helmets etc etc and I couldn't help myself from buying more shit.

If you guys are going to the IX Center for the motorcycle show stop by Kawasaki or Yamaha and say hey. I'll be working between the two. Old guy with a flat top, my name is Tod. See ya there.

1K post I'm such a post whore.