Looking for a motorcycle, Need your opinion and advice

BikerBoy

As the title says, i am looking for a motorcycle

and have 2 options so far, i just don't want to buy something stupid or over priced

so these are my options so far

1. 2700$ Honda Magna 700cc 1989

picture

3k03m73pb5O55Pe5Rda1f0c62bb67b76e11df.jpg

2. 1994 kawi ninja 600cc white and green, he says he dropped it on the side, nothing but scratch, asking a 1000$

a picture

ninja600.jpg

and another one

ninja6002.jpg

For me i feel like buying the kawi, i only rode a ninja 250 before, so again , advice, and opinions please

Thanks

Bikerboy

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it just has a small dent in the front tire rim, and that kinda needs replaced :D

That's not too big of a deal. Check out ebay. Here's one I found for you: http://tinyurl.com/ylzqy74

As long as it runs strong and doesnt need a whole lot of work, it's probably a good deal. From kbb.com:

1994 Kawasaki ZX600-C7 Ninja 600R Value

January 16, 2010

• 4-Cylinders
  • 4-Stroke
  • 600cc

Suggested Retail Value $1485*

That's not too big of a deal. Check out ebay. Here's one I found for you: http://tinyurl.com/ylzqy74

As long as it runs strong and doesnt need a whole lot of work, it's probably a good deal. From kbb.com:

1994 Kawasaki ZX600-C7 Ninja 600R Value

January 16, 2010

• 4-Cylinders
  • 4-Stroke
  • 600cc

Suggested Retail Value $1485*

I did Check Kbb, and that is why i came asking you guys for advice, i am not a big of bike info guy :D other than riding, i don't know anything, but cool as you think it's a good deal, then that's a 1 for the kawi, the guy says it runs strong :D i'll try it and see

Since both of those bikes are in your price range, would you prefer a cruiser style bike or sportbike? The sportbike is less expensive and would leave room in your budget for any small items like a battery or tires.

Ah, good point. Or room for gear too. And chicks dig sportsbikes. :lol:

So i take it you all are with the kawi :D cool :D i'll go check it tomorrow after work, if he didn't sell it " he says : someone else is checking it tomorrow" :D

if it is gone :D i'll be back looking again lol

Tomorrow? Why wait til then since today is still today?

I have both a cruiser and sportbike. It is nice to have the option of what to ride. Usually I'll ride the sportbike to work when it is just me riding. The cruiser is good for more relaxed rides. Insurance prices might be an issue, depending on your age and driving record.

I have both a cruiser and sportbike. It is nice to have the option of what to ride. Usually I'll ride the sportbike to work when it is just me riding. The cruiser is good for more relaxed rides. Insurance prices might be an issue, depending on your age and driving record.

Actually, with that 94 600, insurance shouldn't be a whole lot. I think mine on my 96 FZR 600 is like 9 bucks a month, full coverage. But I'm 25.

Edit: And that's with the 10% discount for the safety course.

The Magna is likely an '87 if it is a 700 or an '88 if it is a 750. 80+hp and fairly light weight (for a cruiser) make them desirable. These are becoming rare birds...hence the asking price. A few years ago one went up for sale in my neighborhood. I test rode it and scoffed at the $3100 asking price. A week later it was sold for 3k.

i don't think insurance is gonna be any trouble, i'll do progressive , i kinda like them, atm i am still waiting for the seller to send me his address so i can go and check it :p

i always wanted a 90's Yamaha FZR 600 but can't find anyone around me for sale .......

Edited by BikerBoy

i don't think insurance is gonna be any trouble, i'll do progressive , i kinda like them, atm i am still waiting for the seller to send me his address so i can go and check it :p

i always wanted a 90's Yamaha FZR 600 but can't find anyone around me for sale .......

I'll sell you mine for $4500 :D