Looking for a motorcycle, Need your opinion and advice

BikerBoy

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know "it's a honda," but I have a hard time believing that Magna is worth $2700.

the ZX6,on the other hand, seems to be a decent deal. A friend of mine has a track-only '95 ZX6 that still puts out almost 95hp at the wheel, and with an upgraded suspension corners really well too.

the only slam on that generation ZX6 is that it's a bit heavier than the Honda's from the same era (F3), so the extra power doesn't really do it all that much faster.

I know "it's a honda," but I have a hard time believing that Magna is worth $2700.

the ZX6,on the other hand, seems to be a decent deal. A friend of mine has a track-only '95 ZX6 that still puts out almost 95hp at the wheel, and with an upgraded suspension corners really well too.

the only slam on that generation ZX6 is that it's a bit heavier than the Honda's from the same era (F3), so the extra power doesn't really do it all that much faster.

i don't really mind that it isn't much faster, i am moving up from a 250, so it will be a hell of a fast for me for a while :D

now i am trying to decide should i go with the 94 zx6 or the 95 fzr600, bah :D

i don't really mind that it isn't much faster, i am moving up from a 250, so it will be a hell of a fast for me for a while :D

I went from a ninja 250 to my FZR. I got used to the speed and power pretty quick. What kind of 250 did you have?

That is the super Magna. It has a rare factor that has to be considered. You will never see another one at any function you go to.

The Ninja is priced right, just make sure it hasnt had the gut run out of it. Take someone with you that knows bikes well when you look at either one.

The Ninja is priced right, just make sure it hasnt had the gut run out of it. Take someone with you that knows bikes well when you look at either one.

thanks alot for the advice, i know i should but i don't know anyone around who would go and check the bike with me :D

I didn't mean to sound like I was saying anything bad about the ZX6. Quite the opposite. 95hp at the wheel probably makes it every bit as quick as a pretty new Yamaha FZ-6.

Any one in Mansfeild would like to check that FZR with me tomorrow ? the ninja is at mayfield village, berkshire if someone is near there too, please ?

Thanks

If it wasn't a 3 hour round trip for me, I'd go with you to check out the FZR, but that's a ways to go, especially since I have stuff to get done tomorrow.

That is the super Magna. It has a rare factor that has to be considered. You will never see another one at any function you go to..

i'm surprised there still one runing. the first and second generation magna's have problem oiling upper cylinder heads (cams)... :(

out of the 3 you've mentioned the fzr is the best choice, imo. The price is good it looks great they run forever and parts are still everywhere for them and alot of years interchage with it and it will deffinatly be the strongest and best handleing of the 3.

qft :D

Yesterday at 6 pm and as i am leaving work, texted the ninja 600 guy, and then he replied saying the bike was sold, saturday i emailed the fzr guy for an address that i am still waiting to get, guess i am out of luck :D

opened for new options now i guess :D thanks for the advice and help guys :D

Out of the 3 you've mentioned the fzr is the best choice, IMO. The price is good it looks great they run forever and parts are still everywhere for them and alot of years interchage with it and it will deffinatly be the strongest and best handleing of the 3.
qft :D

i had an FZR 1000. 97 I think. The thing was heavy, but it handled great and there was LOADS of info available on the net. Solid bikes.

Wish i could find a deal like that. I have about $1500 at the most to play with. I wrecked my 00 R6 (that i got for $1k) GRR. I found a 94 Cbr 600 F2. i am the same way as Bikerboy. i have no clue about these bikes.

Everything I've ever heard about f2's is positive... solid bikes, plus I'm biased, I ride red.

Wish i could find a deal like that. I have about $1500 at the most to play with. I wrecked my 00 R6 (that i got for $1k) GRR. I found a 94 Cbr 600 F2. i am the same way as Bikerboy. i have no clue about these bikes.

An 00 R6 for a thousand :o ?

If i were you i'd go to the same person, or place and buy what ever he has now :p