Avon Ohio checking in

garysol1

44 year old midlife crisis patient here......No, actually I have been a motorcyclist most all of my life. I sold my GSXR back in 07 to commit more time to my other passion which is bicycling but found I could just not stay away. This Saturday I will officially be a motorcycle owner again after finding a pristine 03 RC51 not to far from home that will be mine :) Spent a few hours today re-buying all of the gear that I sold with the GSXR. After a pretty nasty get off in 03 I learned the importance of leather so today's purchase was a new jacket, boots and gloves. Looking forward to meeting and riding with many of you come spring......or before :)

Arg... jerkface, another ugly RC51 roaming these parts.

Elyria, you are close by. Anytime you want to come by and look at it......hell, maybe even touch it (the bike) just let me know. I may need to charge a small admission though, you know, to keep out the riff raff :p

Damn that's one sexy bike!!

Thank you! Sorry, not much I can do about JRMMiii's 'busa in the pic, though. :D

Welcome aboard! You're in my back yard. I forsee the rumble of twins in Lorain County being quite thunderous this riding season!

welcome to forum, if i may ask, as you said you are buying gear back, did you check the Honda of Avon store ? i've just read an Add in Craiglist that they are on closing clearance or something and they offer up to or 50% off , so i am wondering if you did go there and get some of your gear from there.

No other 1125's available nearby?

I still think about the 1125...but I already have the ZX10, and to make the 1125 no longer fugly, it would cost $$$ which negates the cheap price to begin with.

Are prices still low, or has it gone up now that the supply has dwindled?

They've gone back up... I've been quoted a low of $6184 OTD, to MSRP OTD.

Right now, the dealers that have them are listing them @ $7500, but will usually go down to $7000 if you press them. Overpriced, when I can get a CBR1000RR for that price. I'm sad I didn't bite on the $6184 price, that would've been worth it I think.

And with two already, the deal would have to be super sweet and convenient for me to move - I just tell the dealers I talk to that if they've still got the bike by Q3 or Q4 of this year, to keep me in mind. I'm hoping they'll eventually just get sick of looking at it and costing them inventory space/$$ and they'll beg me to take one.

The buell website is pretty sweet though, you click on "Find a bike", choose your state and it'll tell you how much of each model are left in that state. It's not 100% accurate though. It says there's CR's left at HDBiketown, I called, they're aware of what the website says, but they do not have any.

Edited by JRMMiii