From sport bike to cruiser?

JonS

Until JaysonL buys my Katana, I have both a sportbike and a 1982 GS 850 L cruiser bike. It is nice to have both style bikes to ride. So, depending on my mood or who I am riding with, I have options. I would like to upgrade to a newer cruiser.

I don't see the point of trading a hypersport for a cruiser... you can adapt them for comfort at the same level (bar risers, corbin seat, beetle bags) and they will still smoke any cruiser in production...

the only difference is that you don't have the potato potato potato noise...

dont hang me here guys but i plan on a harley in the near future but of course keeping my zx10. prolly a fat boy low or a street glide not sure yet need to do some test rides.

definitely do some test rides...if you're anything like me, that will change your mind. (acceleration sucked, braking sucked, turning was a chore)

If I want to go "cruising" I jump in the V-Dub, it's slow, loud and air cooled, has similar lean angles, and turns WAY more heads. LOL

dont hang me here guys but i plan on a harley in the near future but of course keeping my zx10. prolly a fat boy low or a street glide not sure yet need to do some test rides.

Fat boy isn't bad, my buddy has a 2009 Cross Bones... but it's not the ride style I like. I want something that has a little more pep to it.

definitely do some test rides...if you're anything like me, that will change your mind. (acceleration sucked, braking sucked, turning was a chore)

If I want to go "cruising" I jump in the V-Dub, it's slow, loud and air cooled, has similar lean angles, and turns WAY more heads. LOL

I rode a 2002 HD Custom. That thing had so much power and torque, I about slid off the seat. It was a bad ass bike. Last I knew, it's still for sale too.

Anyone made the change from sport bike to a cruiser?

The 'Busa and 636 are sitting right next to each other as I walk by them each day. I wonder about swapping out the 'Busa for a cruiser ...

I have had both a "sporty" bike and a cruiser for a lot of years. Its a great combination. Sometimes I just feel like laying back mello and just ez cruise 40 mph on the local backroads and sometimes the adrenaline junky screams out and I gotta go thrash some twistys. The few times I only had one or the other bike, I missed not having both.

BTW - I would never join the "potato, potato" gang.

MD

Edited by mello dude

I have had both many times over the years. Most of the time I have had a Busa and a Road King, yes, alot of times it is nice to have the option, but for the most part I found myself wishing I was on the other bike. If I was out on the Road King, I would want to go faster, when I was on the Busa I wanted to be more comfortable.

I had the best of both worlds I had a cbr1000rr and a triumph speedtriple. The triple is way more comfy then a cruiser. and it still is fast and handles well enough for twisty rides. Then I had to get rid of the cbr and the triple is all alone again. I am looking to try to get a sporty bike but funds are lacking for two bikes right now.

i want to trade the 675 for a yamaha midnight warrior....after my friend going down and having a 86K (yes $86,000) hospital bill a couple months ago, im a little nervous about pushing the limits on a sportbike on the street. Thus why I got a track only bike, the 600rr.

i want to trade the 675 for a yamaha midnight warrior....after my friend going down and having a 86K (yes $86,000) hospital bill a couple months ago, im a little nervous about pushing the limits on a sportbike on the street. Thus why I got a track only bike, the 600rr.

no control over your right hand?