Pistols you would not buy and why?

Gump

Taurus Millennium pro in 45 acp

My friend just ordered one, brought it home, fired it twice and it malfunctioned. Upon examination, the barrel and feed ramp were cracked. The retailer ordered another one and it was found to be in the same condition. They ordered a third, retailer called him to pick it up...... upon inspection, it also had the same crack. Needless to say, he's a little pissed and swears never to buy another Taurus.....

I like my Taurus. I've only shot about 250 rounds through it' date=' but it was used. Who knows how much it's been shot? The only people I hear talking bad about them are internet people. I know some people, real people, that have nothing but good to say. Then again, I've met a real person that told me Colt is junk.

Who knows?[/quote']

I'm sure Taurus has made some fine weapons. Otherwise, I guess they wouldn't be in business. But.... One would have to ask.... with 3 weapons in a row cracked..... where is the quality control? He has to wait till Tuesday to talk to the owner of the retail business but I think he is going to take the money and put it over onto a Glock. We'll see what happens.

I won't buy a Jennings.

I had never heard of Jennings. Googled it and found

Re: Jennings 9mm, any thoughts?

Jennings guns are made of die cast zinc-pot metal. They are not made well.

.25s will kill you. So will a .380.

Glad you got the P32.You'll love it.

Bill

I had never heard of Jennings. Googled it and found

Re: Jennings 9mm, any thoughts?

Jennings guns are made of die cast zinc-pot metal. They are not made well.

.25s will kill you. So will a .380.

Glad you got the P32.You'll love it.

Bill

lol..AKA your shooting a Matchbox car in the shape of a gun.

Edited by Gump

I remember at a gun show several years ago a friend and I saw a couple Jennings and when we said "Never heard of that brand" the VERY russian guy running the counter yelled at us because Jennings is a serious manufacturer and EVERYONE should have heard of them....

We went home and searched for them.... found all the junk about them exploding. Glad we didn't buy

Jennings is crap, guy I work with thought he got a deal on a .25 jennings auto. Went to the range shot it one time and the slide cracked! Good thing he was only ouy $75 for it.

I also would not own a hipoint just dont like them

+1 on the glocks also dont like the feel, maybe the gen.4? have not seen one yet.

LLama .45 satin chrome (1911) :

They don't make them anymore that I know of. It was $200-300 something in 1994?.

I'd buy it again. The hairline crack is on the reciever within the rail for the slide where slide stop plungers rear tab enters the gun receiver slide rail. It's very thin there to begin with. Changes, effects, nothing. I just play with you when i act afraid to shoot it. After at least 10,000 rounds it's still good to go. Never had a problem with it in 18 years. Although I think my barrel is a little worn out. I'd pick up a used one anytime I saw one, but i don't see them? I'd rate it between Taurus and S&W. Not great but not junk.

http://www.gundealersonline.com/members/users/gunsarockin/93427121102.jpeg

Woops, this is, pistols you wouldn't buy.

I wouldn't buy a Norinco or a Cobra because they are made really cheap.

Edited by Gump

my first gun was a taurus 24/7 pro and I loved it, fired great, prolly put a thousand rounds through it before I traded it in for my glock. It just didn't fit my hand as well as the custom glock. I went through a basic pistol course one time and there was this kid who had a hi-point and he was all over the place with it, he was a terrible shot so I don't know if it was him or the gun, but about every 10-20 rounds the instructors had to tweak something with the gun until eventually it just shit out and broke. So I'd never own a hi point. Love my ruger LCP and SR556, never had any problems with those either.