My old man could use some prayers......

max power

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update:

The old man is home with some nasty stitches in his head. He is asleep and doing ok.

He has his first MRI in a month, so we have to wait that long to know if this procedure did any good.

Thank you all for your concern, prayers and well wishes. We do appreciate it.

You are some good peeps. Well, most of you. :D

:cheers:

Update:

The old man is home with some nasty stitches in his head. He is asleep and doing ok.

He has his first MRI in a month, so we have to wait that long to know if this procedure did any good.

Thank you all for your concern, prayers and well wishes. We do appreciate it.

You are some good peeps. Well, most of you. :D

:cheers:

I'll continue the prayers.

• 1 month later...

Well, heres the update, its not a good one.

Dad had an MRI last week and the tumor has grown 25% since the surgery. The Dr.s have started him on Avistan in an attempt to stop the growth of the tumor by starving it of blood. His mental capacity is diminishing and he is rarely able to complete converting a thought into words. He is getting confused easily, kind of like an Alzheimer patient. Fuckin sucks.

Keep the prayers coming. He needs it.

Well, heres the update, its not a good one.

Dad had an MRI last week and the tumor has grown 25% since the surgery. The Dr.s have started him on Avistan in an attempt to stop the growth of the tumor by starving it of blood. His mental capacity is diminishing and he is rarely able to complete converting a thought into words. He is getting confused easily, kind of like an Alzheimer patient. Fuckin sucks.

Keep the prayers coming. He needs it.

Prayers are going out for him, and your family for this very difficult time.

I won't bother to go into my background, though if you scan for my name on USPTO.gov you'll get some idea. This post is not an invitation to debate alternative therapies. Despite what some physicians would have you believe,there is clinical evidence suggesting viability for tumor treatment. You can find many articles in reputable science and medical journals.

I am posting a link for your review. Just something to think about now that it appears you may have fewer options.

http://www.nutritional-solutions.net/PDF/NJBTpresentation2005.pdf

My prayers will be with your family.

I won't bother to go into my background, though if you scan for my name on USPTO.gov you'll get some idea. This post is not an invitation to debate alternative therapies. Despite what some physicians would have you believe,there is clinical evidence suggesting viability for tumor treatment. You can find many articles in reputable science and medical journals.

I am posting a link for your review. Just something to think about now that it appears you may have fewer options.

http://www.nutritional-solutions.net/PDF/NJBTpresentation2005.pdf

My prayers will be with your family.

Thanks man, I'll check it out. My step-mom is of Native heritage and isnt opposed to alternative methods.

Thanks for the prayers everybody.