My old man could use some prayers......

max power

My dad is going under the knife in the morning.

Some of you know that he has a glioblastoma, a pretty aggressive form of brain cancer. He was operated on a year ago labor day and they removed a tumor from the top of his brain. It has returned and moved over the frontal lobes of his brain where they cant just go in and get it.

Tomorrow the Dr.s at the James are doing an experimental procedure where they drill four holes in his head and basically inject some kind of radiation directly onto the tumor to try to kill it.

I've never been much of a religious sort, so I'm asking those of you that have connections to call in some favors for me. Pray, send good vibes or what ever you can his way. We appreciate it.

His name is Steve Detty and he is a member of the forum although he hasn't posted much, he reads it from time to time.

Thanks.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My dad is going under the knife in the morning.

Some of you know that he has a glioblastoma, a pretty aggressive form of brain cancer. He was operated on a year ago labor day and they removed a tumor from the top of his brain. It has returned and moved over the frontal lobes of his brain where they cant just go in and get it.

Tomorrow the Dr.s at the James are doing an experimental procedure where they drill four holes in his head and basically inject some kind of radiation directly onto the tumor to try to kill it.

I've never been much of a religious sort, so I'm asking those of you that have connections to call in some favors for me. Pray, send good vibes or what ever you can his way. We appreciate it.

His name is Steve Detty and he is a member of the forum although he hasn't posted much, he reads it from time to time.

Thanks.

Wow man, prayers are going up for you!

Even if you're not the "religious sort" He will listen to you, if you ask! ;)

Thanks guys. I wont be around here as much as usual in the next few days, but when I get a chance, I will post up the developments.

I appreciate the gestures and prayers and will show him this thread when he comes out of recovery if all goes well.

tell the Ol' man my fiddy is waiting for him... I will always remember meeting you both that day over at groveport High, and riding out to bike night.... that was the first time I met anyone from the board... you both made a lasting impression on me... I haven't been the same since...Biker Brothas till the end...