Debating making this the new toy...

Bad324

Well for all you cage fans this is in heavy consideration of trading my G35 for...

2001 Camaro Z28... 430 hp... TEA Stage 2 Heads, Trickflow cam, comp hardened pushrods, comp valve springs, mtl air lid, Built t56 trans, LS7 clutch and flywheel,Hurst shifter, 3.73 gears, KYB adjustable shocks, UMI lower control arms, UMI subframe connectors, QA1 springs, Hooker longtube headers w/offroad y pipe, Flowmasters, C5 corvette wheels, new nitto drag radials, ram ajustable master cylinder, 65000 miles

2027603950059009174S600x600Q85.jpg

2305186220059009174S600x600Q85.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aF-ha1SLI10

My bike is faster. :p

Srsly though, my concern would be who did the work on the car. Some owners are backyard mechanic-wannabes that don't know the difference between a Weiand and a Whipple.

My second concern is how thrashed it is - could've been a rough 65k, but that's secondary depending on the quality build and parts. Under 600hp (and I'm sure even higher) should be able to be flogged on until the cows come home without issue on an LS1

My bike is faster. :p

Srsly though, my concern would be who did the work on the car. Some owners are backyard mechanic-wannabes that don't know the difference between a Weiand and a Whipple.

My second concern is how thrashed it is - could've been a rough 65k, but that's secondary depending on the quality build and parts. Under 600hp (and I'm sure even higher) should be able to be flogged on until the cows come home without issue on an LS1

I'd sure hope so! I just want something faster than what I got, cheaper so I don't have a payment on a toy and t-tops for cruising. I'd much rather have a Trans Am but Sunburst Orange Metallic is absolutely one of my favorite colors so for that I wouldn't mind another Camaro

He gave me all the info of the shop in Nashville that did the work and tuning so I was planning on calling them this week to see the deal. The mods have less than 5k mods on them and he said it hasn't been to the track (so no 1/4 times) because he was waiting to install the new clutch and by the time that happened the season was over. It was his old man's weekend car until he bought it off him so his dad could get a C6.

Basically everything is set in place just waiting for me to check it out in person and pull the trigger.

Edited by Bad324

I've always wanted a 4th gen Camaro. Fairly cheap, if you know where to look. My only concern is...the value of the Camaro, parts, work done, etc....wouldn't be up to par to your G35. I love cars, but...they've been on the back burner due to bikes for a while...so i could be wrong? How much were you originally asking for your car? Wasn't it 20k something?

I've always wanted a 4th gen Camaro. Fairly cheap, if you know where to look. My only concern is...the value of the Camaro, parts, work done, etc....wouldn't be up to par to your G35. I love cars, but...they've been on the back burner due to bikes for a while...so i could be wrong? How much were you originally asking for your car? Wasn't it 20k something?

When I first put it up for sale it was for 19k but had 5k less miles, stock wheels with basically brand new winter tires and a couple other things which are now gone. Also, at that point I had way more on the loan at that time.

I would be trading the car with stock wheels and he would be giving me $2000 on top. So pair that with the 2k I can get for my 19s and bingo bango loan is paid off and I have an LS1 car in the garage with most the mods I already would do so I save money on that. This has been the kicker for me

My G35 I think left the garage 4 times over the 4 months I had the bike and it was usually only because one of the gf's wanted me to take it out so I feel ya on car getting less attention when I got into the bike stuff

Edited by Bad324

When I first put it up for sale it was for 19k but had 5k less miles, stock wheels with basically brand new winter tires and a couple other things which are now gone. Also, at that point I had way more on the loan at that time.

I would be trading the car with stock wheels and he would be giving me $2000 on top. So pair that with the 2k I can get for my 19s and bingo bango loan is paid off and I have an LS1 car in the garage with most the mods I already would do so I save money on that. This has been the kicker for me

Sounds like you already know what you want. What are you waiting for? :D

I would seriously consider it. 2k plus trade, isn't bad. And your loan is paid off?

Sounds like you already know what you want. What are you waiting for? :D

I would seriously consider it. 2k plus trade, isn't bad. And your loan is paid off?

Him being so far away and not seeing the car in person and seeing if I cant either A) get it sold first or B) find a T/A. But this so far has been the best oppurtunity to trade off my car.

With his cash on top and selling my wheels it would be paid off. I'm currently using my line of credit to pay off the loan so I can get the title in hand to simplify things

I wonder why he wants to part with the Camaro for a G35... it seems a little fishy.

Better daily, wants something comfier and sick of the 6spd is what he told me

I'd check close on the heads, you'll see a TEA marking on them. Also, that cam sounds tame, I'd say 114-116 LSA, interesting but not bad. Good spread of power.

Also, I see a lighter in the pass. seat, could've been a smokers car, yuck!

Edited by RSVDon

Do it, ditch the wheels though, I don't like them lol sounds about the same as my car, I was going 12.0/11.9 all day. please for the love of god tell me there's a 12 bolt in that car or your running on VERY borrowed time, do a 12 bolt with 4.10's and it should be a high 11 second car easy. I had 3.73's in my 12 bolt and was crossing the 1000' mark in 3rd :-/

oh and for the love of god and all that is holy LOWER THAT DAMN THING!! looks like it should have Z71 stickers on it, I had Hotchkis 2" springs on mine and loved them.

queer guys wear bowties

I'd rather have a pontiac anyway ;)

you got the mullet to match? :)

I wish I still had my mullet wig from when I had my IROC

I'd check close on the heads, you'll see a TEA marking on them. Also, that cam sounds tame, I'd say 114-116 LSA, interesting but not bad. Good spread of power.

Also, I see a lighter in the pass. seat, could've been a smokers car, yuck!

Yea its a real mild cam which is ok but we'll see how long that lasts. Hell, after one summer it might be put up for sale/trade for something else. I get bored with cars easy it seems. I saw the lighter and thought the same thing and asked, he claims he doesn't smoke in it because he knows it would kill resale on it.

Do it, ditch the wheels though, I don't like them lol sounds about the same as my car, I was going 12.0/11.9 all day. please for the love of god tell me there's a 12 bolt in that car or your running on VERY borrowed time, do a 12 bolt with 4.10's and it should be a high 11 second car easy. I had 3.73's in my 12 bolt and was crossing the 1000' mark in 3rd :-/

oh and for the love of god and all that is holy LOWER THAT DAMN THING!! looks like it should have Z71 stickers on it, I had Hotchkis 2" springs on mine and loved them.

It is indeed a 12 bolt and I couldnt agree more that it needs dropped and needs new wheels, something with a nice lip and a gunmetal/black center

you should buy it and put ground effects on it and a huge wing! also underglow for at night. that would be sweet!!

got all that shit in the garage ready to go :lol:

trade the carg35 for another bike. or two.

everyone knows 2 wheels > 4 wheels.

it was an option but I like having the best of both worlds depending on my mood

IMHO the heads were a waste of money, I put 433/402 to the wheels with a 233/239 600/603 112 +2 cam on stock 01 heads. LSx heads are exceptional, no need to waste big money like that unless your shooting for 550+na hp.

You're gonna need to give me more details than just the cam grind there bubba. Those numbers sound like a 4.00 bore LS2 to me with the cam.

You're gonna need to give me more details than just the cam grind there bubba. Those numbers sound like a 4.00 bore LS2 to me with the cam.

Ah, K&N filter, MTI lid, smooth bellows, ported and descreened MAF, ported TB, stock LS6 intake, stock heads and block, above mentioned cam, Comp push rods, patriot gold Valve springs, stock lifters, stock rockers, Hooker super comp headers, hooker off road y pipe and cat back (minus cat) Textralia clutch, steel drive shaft, 12 bolt w/ 3.73 gears.

In an 01WS6.