BMV late fees apply to bikes

DTM Brian

I registered both of my bikes at least a month after my birthday this year, one of them YESTERDAY. I was not charged a late fee.

Go to the BMV next to Harbor freight on bridgetown and hope you get the pierced chick...

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No late fee @ eaton, OH..........

They said motorcycles & boat trailers are about the only thing they waive fees on.

i asked her to show me the ORC where it says they waive it....all she came up with was this: http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/4503.11 that don't make much sense but whatever, I only paid $33 to renew so I'm happy.

ALSO: those gay sunburst plates are a optional limited edition...but I'd recommend requesting the Red/Blue/White plates before you pay, they might just hand you the sunburst ones. (that is if you don't want the ugly sunburst ones)

I was given a choice of plates :p

Yeh, I know its an old thread......... But I just got bent over and raped by the state of ohio on this! $20 late fee for renewing my utility trailer tags. This is total BS........ I mean some years I haven't even tagged the thing. Its not the $20 that pisses me off. Its the idea of the whole thing. its just another way to screw the tax payer out of more money.

This liitle stunt by bone head strickland has pushed me over the edge. I will now be on a mission to re-arrange my life so that I pay as little taxes to the state as I can. Every little thing from re-appraising my house for tax purposes to buying taxable items, groceries, and gas across the border in Kentucky.

I know its just $20....... but thats really just the straw that broke the camels back so to speak. I've watched my income taxes go up, my property tax go up multiple times, sales tax go up, park fee's be added, registration of ATV's.......... the list goes on.

And then to beat all..... the lady at the BMV told me after I wrote her a check that had it been a boat trailer, it would have been exempt.......... well hell! I've hauled my canoe on it before! Next year, it will be registered as a boat trailer or I'll get rid of it just on the principal of it all............ Ok........... I feel better now that I have ranted for a bit..............

They didnt charge the fee for my trailer, I told em it was a motorcycle trailer and seasonal use as well so they waived the fee. You give up too easy.

forgot to update this thread. I wasn't charged the late fee when I renewed my bike's plates. I expressed my concern that some people were paying the late fee and the guy told me "they shouldn't be". So if you do get someone trying to charge you, don't pay it