BMV late fees apply to bikes

DTM Brian

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i thought we already were told this didn't apply to bikes... :(

From the BMV's website:

Effective October 1, 2009, if you renew your vehicle registration MORE than 7 calendar days AFTER the expiration date, you will be charged a $20.00 Late Fee. This change is due to the passage of HB 2 and affects renewing any vehicle registrations whether completed online,over the phone, in person, or through the mail.

This includes trailers too....

i think someone posted up a "live help instant message" conversation they had on the bmv customer support site and that person said it wouldnt apply

maybe we can print that conversation out and show it to the zombie clerks of the bmv so they can scoff at it and say nasty passive aggressive things

i think someone posted up a "live help instant message" conversation they had on the bmv customer support site and that person said it wouldnt apply

maybe we can print that conversation out and show it to the zombie clerks of the bmv so they can scoff at it and say nasty passive aggressive things

I think I saw something on the news about them getting rid of it soon.

I learned a loophole to get out of the fee (from my helpful DMV worker, a girl I went to school with). She said just ditch your plate and apply for a new one with your title in hand (not your registration), and you get out of the fee.

They're not supposed to tell ya that, btw, but I did it and it works.

I learned a loophole to get out of the fee (from my helpful DMV worker, a girl I went to school with). She said just ditch your plate and apply for a new one with your title in hand (not your registration), and you get out of the fee.

Good information.

Keep in mind, its NOT a tax increase.

Just revenue enhancement for OHIO HIGHWAY PATROL.

What bullshit.

From what I've read, the money goes to the OSP, not city. Not that's any better for that....

That was the approach I planned on taking when I decide to license my Camaro again, after getting some things fixed.

From what I've read, the money goes to the OSP, not city. Not that's any better for that....

And where is the OSP headquartered? COLUMBUS, that's where.

It doesn't matter who its going to - its bullshit. You have communities all over the state laying off cops, and counties laying of deputies, but they can arbitrarily enact a TAX to keep the state's traffic cops working?

Gimme a fucking break.

I just had to renewed my license and car plates. I wanted to make sure that they took that stupid "novice" thing off my license from 2 years ago. In talking I asked her if I needed to renew my bike plates as well to avoid the fee. She said that I didn't need to worry about it doing it now because it was not applicable to motorcycles! I hope that's true or I'm going to go find Carol...oh yes I remember her name hahahaha!

Tha ATV tag is a good thing.... read up on it, It allows you to ride it along the edge of any road other than a state route, freeway, hiway. Its already out as a state apv sticker just not required yet unless you want to ride on state owned land. I have them on mine already and ride into town regularly.