gauging interest for 1st spring meet

cmoosego

Last year I planned/executed a cook-out meet near mid-April, I thought it was well attended and all had a good time. I was wondering if I should make it an annual thing. I was also thinking about making it a steak cook out instead of a burger and dog show, since it seems a few of you are growing fond of our steak fry dinners for the Knights. I would like input and ideas in a few areas. Such as, when would the most of you like to see it happen? Do you like the idea of having steak and having it a donation based event where the meal would cost 8 or 10 bucks with the proceeds going to a designated charity like roll on c-bus, or some other charity? Would you rather it be a burger and dog thing and just hang out? Would you like to see it happen somewhere besides the Knights hall? (if so suggestions would be nice) Basically I am looking to improve and expand our social meets/ fundraisers.... so let me have some ideas... :)

Where were you tonight, Tom? What da hell?

Sorry, I was dead tired from work this week. Covering for several people out.

Including the boss one day. Argh... One day had 3 full time people out leaving me with 3 part timers. And I considered myself lucky to have them...

A bunch of times this Summer, I was the only tech working at all....

One tech for a school of nearly 28,000 students PLUS staff and faculty...

Just so wrong...

Plus I've been secretly looking at several more used motorcycles, heheh

O rly? Like what?

Really no idea yet. Thought about a 650 thumper, or a shaft drive long range bike, or upgrading my 919. And I keep thinking about ABS as the new deal.

Of course, what I want I can't find used locally. And for me, used is better.

so everyone is ok with me doing my thing... I'm leaning towards a public park, and hauling the grill out and supplying the burgers and dogs, thinking maybe alum creek state park, or maybe one of the metro parks down towards lithopolis, and having peeps bring salads and type stuff, maybe have some coolers of beverage.. since there has been some people that have thought the KofC was a little small... I figure if we do the park thing I'll need help from a few people to get it set up and put together, then everyone else can ride in... any thoughts? suggestions? volunteers?

so everyone is ok with me doing my thing... I'm leaning towards a public park, and hauling the grill out and supplying the burgers and dogs, thinking maybe alum creek state park, or maybe one of the metro parks down towards lithopolis, and having peeps bring salads and type stuff, maybe have some coolers of beverage.. since there has been some people that have thought the KofC was a little small... I figure if we do the park thing I'll need help from a few people to get it set up and put together, then everyone else can ride in... any thoughts? suggestions? volunteers?

we need a clubhouse like a real biker gang. :D

I like doing the OR stuff at the KoC. Its convenient in that it has a bar w/ cheap drinks and we have never come close to filling up the place. But I have already said my piece on the subject. :cool: