NE spring meet

garysol1

As nostalgic as all this Hurricane talk is... I've never heard such a thing... Post pics of your manual or I'm waving the bullshit flag.

The CBR1000RR and the CBR1000F,H,a few other letter designations throughout the years were always two totally different bikes. One racing focused, one touring focused. I've never heard them ever go back to the old 'Hurricane' designation. It's always been called the Fireblade.

I hardly know you guys and don't have a reason to bullsh1t you! Here's a pic of my manual shot with my Crackberry.

Ride safe,

Franc

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LIB

MR Hurricanes

That is quite interesting. Unless you have Photoshop on your crackberry. :D

You could have asked me, he is correct the 08 owner’s manual does call them Hurricanes. The pictures above are of European bikes. (I love the HRC anniversary paint scheme.)

Drama on a large group ride didn't happen no way.

Someone does a wheelie in the middle of the pack on a group ride and I chastise them once in front of everyone. They do it again and I make sure they stay in the back or they decide to ride on their own. Wheelies should be covered in the riders meeting. I think they are cool and all but do them at the back as the last rider no problem, hell I wish I could do them. Shenanigans in the group just means the pace is too slow. This sounds like everyone should have know a fast pace wasn't possible and acted appropriately.

Sounds like it was a good turnout,with minor drama. I think on rides like that there are so many levels of riders that some people do things without thinking. Everybody I have been on rides with on ohio riders have been awsome.A matter of fact I really cant believe how everybody has each others back and there is no bullshit but thats my experience. But its prob a northeast ohio thing!! haha:flingpoo:

So back on subject...... I want to give another huge thanks to Lost1888 for putting together a great route. It was really great getting to meet everyone. The turn out was much bigger than I ever expected. It just goes to show that NEO does have a lot of riders who are hungry for more rides and events. I am still a newbie here but it seems like in years past there were not to many "group" rides and "stuff". Maybe this year we can all jump in and make more events happen.

What he said. Great ride Lost. I was glad I could be part of it.

It was nice to finally put faces with the names. Pics to follow.

Another good ride in the book.......thanks lost again and again for leading and taking the shit.

These are the rules for a group ride :

1. If something has been discussed in the riders meeting stick to it. If you do not like it ride your own.

2. The rider leader is the boss of the ride, he is already doing a favor by leading, if you do not like something discuss with him "WITH RESPECT" and if you disagree "PLEASE RIDE YOUR OWN"

This is a reminder with respect and I am not pointing fingers and nothing personal about it.

Another point if you want to test your skills in group ride, best place is the front or back. Well I rode the second place behind lost upto state8 but just wanted others in the front and the second leg I rode at the back......you can always fall back in the straight and dive in the curves from the back as well.

This ride was not a technical ride to test your skills, I am not sure why people did not get it......head to southern ohio or track for those....we wanted to have fun in some lame badly paved twisties that's what we get in NEO still keeping the drama aside I will call it a 100% day. I got what I expected to the fullest. Meeting the new folks seeing some new great riders.

Now come out and do it more often..............:cheers:

your daughter was looking like the perfect passenger. Just sitting there and watching the scenery. Memories of her dad she will hold forever.

I miss my 7 year old already, will be back next week from springbreak.......:cry:

It was so cute to see that and I 100% agree to Gary....

not to :beathorse: but that owners manual appears to be referring to 2 seperate models. ( I had an old school cutlass that the owners manual included cutlass, and custom cruiser.)

the only problem with this theory is that I can't find any information on an F model 1000 for any cbr's past 1999.

the RR (fireblade) and F (hurricane) were 2 seperate bikes from 1994 to 1999.

Yeah likwid, she can move pretty good. In retrospect I hope I didn't piss off the SV guy, you two blew by me and then I kicked it down to second and wound it out to 4th.

Heh, I was laughing too. That thing sounds good when you're winding it out.

Its funny the picture you paint about the wheelie. It was a small power wheelie coming out of a corner. Obvioulsy there was room in front of me to put the power down and lift the front wheel. I do have respect for other riders and group rides for sure. I've lead many of my own. I was eating during your Riders meeting. I have been on plenty of rides and know the " rules". It's not like I poped one up to the balance point in the middle of a tight pack next to everyone.

So please everyone get off their efffin soap box. If it was that big of a deal which it wasn't you should of came up to me and talked about. I would of said sorry and moved on.Not send your fearless (well he was shaking really bad) leader to try and be Tommy Tough Guy.

The pace was pretty slow for sure. I felt like I was doing the ride for kids again. But thats fine. Noone was looking to set the lap record around Cleveland. I do agree with the whole bouncing off the rev limiter at the Lizard. That was pretty stupid and amatuerish. It's embarrassing for sure when guys do that.

So next time we go out riding. Say Hi introduce yourself and lets ride.

And stop showing Euro Models on the CBR. Your dead wrong and look like the real RETARD trying to prove me wrong.

So please everyone get off their efffin soap box. If it was that big of a deal which it wasn't you should of came up to me and talked about. I would of said sorry and moved on.Not send your fearless (well he was shaking really bad) leader to try and be Tommy Tough Guy.

He was the ride leader, he approached you like an adult, YOU got shitty and stormed off in a hissy fit.

I do have respect for other riders and group rides for sure. I've lead many of my own. I was eating during your Riders meeting. I have been on plenty of rides and know the " rules"

So many have witnessed your arrogance now.... and if you know the "rules", you miss riders meeting "you don't ride"....that's the fucking rule of any trackday as well......you know better......

if you do not tone down you don't ride with us period.....yeah we have kicked many out like that in the past......we will have another one....no regrets......

So many have witnessed your arrogance now.... and if you know the "rules", you miss riders meeting "you don't ride"....that's the fucking rule of any trackday as well......you know better......

if you do not tone down you don't ride with us period.....yeah we have kicked many out like that in the past......we will have another one....no regrets......

:wtf: I've never seen kosmo take that tone with anybody

:popcorn:

Seems like a mostly good ride. If I was in town, I would have made it.Since I sold my sportbike and only have the 1982 GS, I'll have to play Likwid in rock-paper-scissors to be the sweeper rider.

I have NEVER seem Kosmo pissed off, and Lost is a respected group leader that plans great routes.

Catch you guys ( and gals) on the next ride.