Ohio riders track day at gingerman $100

STT-Guy

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think it's $75 for suit rental unless they decide to do a special on that too? dunno if boots are available for rent.

actually, now that i think about it, if you have a leather jacket (or textile is ok if you're doing novice and maybe even int i think? leather is def recommended) that has a full circumference zipper, it might be cheaper for you to just get leather pants with a full circumf. zipper than renting. i'm assuming you have a jacket of some kind, but not sure if you have one with a full zipper. not sure what the policy is on the partial zipper... it's all on stt's site.

Edited by jbot

i think it's $75 for suit rental unless they decide to do a special on that too? dunno if boots are available for rent.

actually, now that i think about it, if you have a leather jacket (or textile is ok if you're doing novice and maybe even int i think? leather is def recommended) that has a full circumference zipper, it might be cheaper for you to just get leather pants with a full circumf. zipper than renting. i'm assuming you have a jacket of some kind, but not sure if you have one with a full zipper. not sure what the policy is on the partial zipper... it's all on stt's site.

thanks, just check their site. Its still $75 according to the website, nothing about boot rental. Zipper contact has to be 50% or more, my textile only has a zipper in the back that covers about 25%. That won't work, so looks like I need boots and $75 for a suit. $175 + boots... I'd like to do this, but it'll greatly depend on monies available at the time

check the 13x forums in the classified. people sell stuff for redonkulously cheap sometimes. what size are you? if you're a 42, you can borrow my suit and if you're a size 9, you can borrow my boots. lol

check the 13x forums in the classified. people sell stuff for redonkulously cheap sometimes. what size are you? if you're a 42, you can borrow my suit and if you're a size 9, you can borrow my boots. lol

+1 Look for gear here

http://forums.13x.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56

Hopefully we'll have some good photography for all of the groups, my first track day SUCKED for pictures.

that would make for a fun day.

gingerman has some awesome places to shoot from, my only issue last time was i really didnt have the time to recover between sessions and go out and shoot.

I'm a newb and have never been to a track, is it something you would recommend for more experienced riders, or are newbs welcome? Also, is this kinda like a sports bike only thing? I have a honda nighthawk 650 and I don't really think it's considered a sport bike...

ANYONE. We have a Novice program that is geared just for the newer riders and for even what we call Veteran Novices that take the level multiple times. There's a place for everyone and if bike prep is an issue, PM me and give me a heads up and I will help you out 100% to get you going. We've taped and helped at the track guys that literally rode there not knowing everything to have done. We don't beat 'em up and make fun of them... We grab tape and start in! It's a family and we want you to join us.

You can find info at our site www.sportbiketracktime.com

thanks, just check their site. Its still $75 according to the website, nothing about boot rental. Zipper contact has to be 50% or more, my textile only has a zipper in the back that covers about 25%. That won't work, so looks like I need boots and $75 for a suit. $175 + boots... I'd like to do this, but it'll greatly depend on monies available at the time

What size are you? I am sure we can accomodate. If a set of boots is going to prevent you from coming, I got spares - may not fit, but we'll get you out there one way or another with the community we have.

i dunno much about leather repair, but to me, it looks like the repair cost would bring the total price up to the point where you could just buy a new set of leathers. that's assuming you sent it out.

I'm registered.

Also have a 44 suit ... JR Highside, all black ... been down and repaired (by Barnacle Bill) ... I can't wear the suit after dropping weight.

edit: suit size and removed name tape --- needs home!

Edited by skrewloose

assuming the repair is ~$100, where can I find a new suit for $300?

i've had work done by alexa on my suit, and it will probably cost you more than $100 to get that fixed. you might be able to find someone cheaper though, so i'm not sure what it'd come out to. maybe send her the pics of the suit and see what she quotes you.

i'd guess after shipping the suit there and back (to the repair place) and paying for the actual repair, and paying for the suit, you'll be at about $400 maybe less or more. this is assuming the suit costs 225?

oh and deal on boots:

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Categories.bok?category=Close+Out+Center:Boots

Edited by jbot

Man, this is exactly what I've been looking for. I'm 100% in. This will be my first trackday on the first sportbike I've owned a 00' grxr600. I can't wait!!

I PM'd Hoblick about his offer for a ride, but that may have been already taken. If anyone else as room for me and my bike I will of course chip in for gas and other expenses, and I'm not cheap ;)

Man I'm already getting excited!!!!

assuming the repair is ~$100, where can I find a new suit for $300?

This one is about 3 dead bugs from being new:

http://www.ohio-riders.com/showthread.php?t=37429

2-piece for $250.

I can vouch for the guy too: He's a good, stand-up pillar of society...Not sure he's quite 'all there' though--if you know what I mean.