Ohio riders track day at gingerman $100

STT-Guy

Camp.

I assume we can camp Saturday night anyway... I've camped at Gingerman before, and their bathrooms are nice (don't recall if they had showers, but they should).

just bring bug spray. the lake attracts mosquitoes

FOR THOSE LOOKING FOR SUITS:

do a google search for "AGV forza." It's probably the least expensive new suit that I'd actually wear (i.e. not Frank Thomas brand, or some eBay special). they run about $300 new.

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The camping at GingerMan is very nice. There are two sperate shower/bathroom buildings. One has seperate private stall showers the other more of a lockerroom style but all are very nice. Fishing in the pond is good and there is a big fire pit.

Just over 6 hrs North according to Google. Depending on pit-stops and how fast you drive maybe quicker! :D

There's plenty of country roads that you have to take that lend to making up time as well!!! :D

as long as you don't spend 5 hours making pit stops like Jarvis jess and I did last time it will end up being an easy drive.

Do they charge for camping or spectators? Am thinking about making it a weekend of camping with the family.

They charge $5 per person for track insurace, like say one of your kids steps outin front of a moving bike and gets hit it will be covered. It's a great way for the track not to get sued.

I don't know about the camping though.

how much track time will each person get out of this?

it's usually about 6~7 20minute sessions if there are 3 groups (novice, intermediate, advanced). that is the case for this date i think.

sunday's at Gingerman are weird though - you ride from 9-10 (20 mins per group) then they close the track for 2 hours because of an agreement with a local church(?)

I think they call the second hour of that break "lunch," and you ride 12-6 (instead of 5) to make up for the hour you missed earlier in the day.

all told, you should get no less than 2 hours of track time, and probably 2:20. It feels like a lot more than it sounds like.

I'm sure Brian and Monte can verify. My info is based on what I experienced riding Gingerman with STT two years ago.

it's usually about 6~7 20minute sessions if there are 3 groups (novice, intermediate, advanced). that is the case for this date i think.

You buy that 3 bike trailer yet:)? If you're signed up for gingerman I'll pull the trailer. Even if you get a single trailer I'm pretty sure I can actually hook a small trailer off of my hitch carrier. If you want that is or you have any time constraints on that Saturday. I'll probably try to get up there around 2ish +/- whatever i'm feeling.

Edited by rslocum

i'm signed up for it. i hope to have either that trailer or some other trailer before april. i think skrewloose is signed up for it too. do you have a pick up truck or was it an SUV? i forget.

i'm signed up for it. i hope to have either that trailer or some other trailer before april. i think skrewloose is signed up for it too. do you have a pick up truck or was it an SUV? i forget.

Have a heavy duty pickup that can tow well over 12000lbs. Weight isn't the factor with 3 bikes it is the tongue weight. I'll be hanging 600 lbs. off the tongue with my hitch carrier but through their calculations I can safely tow another 2500lbs or so piggy backed off the carrier. This is the carrier I have http://www.versahaul.com/vhsportro.php. As you can see it pretty much extends the receiver and I can pull another trailer behind it.

orly?! ok then, maybe we can take at least one other guy with us assuming the demand is there and that you don't mind of course.

we'll figure it out. I'll pm you in a bit.

assuming the repair is ~$100, where can I find a new suit for $300?

http://www.cyclegear.com/productlist.cfm?L1=5000&L2=2&L3=108&L4=111&nav=Street_Riding_Men%27s_Apparel_Leather_1%2D_and_2%2DPiece_Suits

Cyclegear has 2 suits by frank thomas. One for 299 and another for 350. No tax. Free shipping. If you know anybody in the military they can get a 10% discount. Im in the military. :D

I mos def want to do this. Only been riding about a year and need to break my trackday cherry. When is pre-registration over?

Hopefully I can make it. itll depend on whats going on at school.

Ive got an SUV with a hitch if anybody from dayton has a trailer and wants to carpool.

I might be going to do Gratton on Saturday (Race), then Gingerman on Sunday for this. I have a two rail trailer if someone wants to chip in on gas and wants to do both of these events or wants to wait out Saturday with me. Let me now.

Leave late Thurs or early Friday

Race Saturday @Gratton

STT Sunday @Gingerman and back home.

I'm really interested in this. I've got more or less everything I need save for transportation and some leather alterations.

Does anyone know of someone in Columbus who can sew a full-circumference zipper into a jacket? I've got a 2-piece Joe Rocket suit that needs a bit of work done. The pants have a 10" zipper and a full circumference zipper, but the jacket only has a 10". I have the 'mating' side of the full circumference from the pants, but I need it sewn into the jacket. Unless STT/Gingerman are ok with Novice group riders only using the 10" (but the full circumference would be nice just for the peace of mind).

Second, does anyone in/near Columbus have an extra spot on a trailer? My bike is my only vehicle, so it'd be rather hard to get there on my own.

Lastly...what's the policy on bringing a spectator? I think my GF would kill me if I didn't at least try to bring her along :o

Edited by Harb67
being an idiot and typing the wrong track name