Ohio riders track day at gingerman $100

STT-Guy

Well, I can always take a bike up with me and store/keep it on the trailer until Sunday. Then unload it at Gingerman on Sunday and come back that evening and unload at your house.

Let me know. Regardless.....I will only be bringing one bike, so 1 rail left on the trailer for someone to use. And as for spectators, you'll prolly have to sign in at the gate for the liability stuff and maybe a small fee. Idk. But its not really an issue.

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think novice is ok to have partial zipper? I'm fairly sure that's right, but should be on the STT site.

The STT site is sort of unclear about it. It says: "One or two piece leathers. Two piece leather suits must zip together for Novice, Intermediate or Advanced groups. Ballistic nylon suits such as Joe Rocket, AeroStitch etc. are acceptable in the Novice and Intermediate Group provided they are either one piece or two piece that zip together with 50% zipper contact, reinforced and padded shoulders, elbows, hips, and knee areas. No chaps."

The only mention it has of minimum zipper circumference is in regards to ballistic nylon suits.

Honestly I've wanted to get the zipper done for a while anyway. As appealing as the idea of finally losing my gut is, sliding down the road face-down feet-first with the front of my jacket up around my nips doesn't really seem like a medically sound way to do it. Why the jacket didn't come with the full-circumference zipper is beyond me; the jacket/pants are clearly designed to be a 2-piece suit, and the perforated version of the jacket even has the full-circumference zipper. Oh well. I've got all the parts, I just need a seamstress. I'll probably do a search and maybe start a thread later, but if I can't come up with anything I'll probably give my mom a crapload of heavy-duty thread and have her just go nuts.

I might be going to do Gratton on Saturday (Race), then Gingerman on Sunday for this. I have a two rail trailer if someone wants to chip in on gas and wants to do both of these events or wants to wait out Saturday with me. Let me now.

Leave late Thurs or early Friday

Race Saturday @Gratton

STT Sunday @Gingerman and back home.

Why just race the Solos? Why wouldn't you want to race the sprints on Sunday?

i think novice is ok to have partial zipper? I'm fairly sure that's right, but should be on the STT site.

Really needs to be a 360 degree zipper. Not half zippers... We make excpetion for Novice group and this event. Email or PM your request...

Really needs to be a 360 degree zipper. Not half zippers... We make excpetion for Novice group and this event. Email or PM your request...

ya, i was just going on memory from when I did my first track day last april (mid oh i think it was). glad you came to clear it up, it's always better to hear from someone who knows what the hell they're talking about, lol.

Got the leathers and the boots are in the mail...so I'll be ready for this soon! That's a great deal. Just gotta work it out with a friend and you'll have at least two more of us.

yep ... I'm gettin there too ....

The new blue lid (and older red lid)

4421442656_9cec64e119.jpg

And the new suit and boots

4421607550_9d7f9556e4_m.jpg

Any update on how many have signed up already?

I plan on getting there Saturday early afternoon just to check things out, get set-up, and what not. At these track days are there some sort of outfit present that could maybe check my suspension set-up for a fee? Usually what is the going fee? I've set my suspension to magazine articles with certain weight individuals and I've never touched it since. The bike seems more than capable but i'm not that good of a rider so I probably wouldn't know one way or the other. But it would nice to know if my suspension was in the ball park for my weight. Thanks for the info.

Just reread all the posts.... Heres the list I came up with:

SJC1000rr

Hoblick

E-flores

1000rrrider

OSUYZFR1

Dubguy85

Neverenough??

jarvismb-99%

obesityrules

V4junkie-99%

exSRAaron-??

rslocum

warpspeed

skrewloose

ShankroidBeast

shortfur7 +3 others

jbot

ohdaho??

Harb67

CaptainKeyes??

kawasaki guy

Cheech-Needs Trailer Help

RFM-Needs Trailer Help

jgetz524

16+3 Confirmed

6 Questionable

2-Need trailer?

Edited by SJC1000rr
Updated List

Any update on how many have signed up already?

I plan on getting there Saturday early afternoon just to check things out, get set-up, and what not. At these track days are there some sort of outfit present that could maybe check my suspension set-up for a fee? Usually what is the going fee? I've set my suspension to magazine articles with certain weight individuals and I've never touched it since. The bike seems more than capable but i'm not that good of a rider so I probably wouldn't know one way or the other. But it would nice to know if my suspension was in the ball park for my weight. Thanks for the info.

there's usually a suspension guy at the track days, but if not, the coaches or some of the more experienced guys will probably help you. actually, kevin (skrewloose) might help you with it if he is feeling merciful like.

bring knee pads... heh heh

there's usually a suspension guy at the track days, but if not, the coaches or some of the more experienced guys will probably help you. actually, kevin (skrewloose) might help you with it if he is feeling merciful like.

bring knee pads... heh heh

I'm fresh out of my knee pads:). I actually might take it to MPH near state 8 when I get some time here in the next few weeks to tweak the suspension.

no but really, kevin or any of the other many knowledgeable people would probably be glad to help you with it. if it's convenient to go to MPH, that's not a bad idea either if they do that sort of thing. hopefully, it won't be too expensive.

I might have, again "might" have, a very nice and large trailer by then fingers are crossed deal is being worked and if so Cheech I got you ................ RFM well thats another story. :D

Aw what the hell you can come too.

Yay!:bow::bow:

no but really, kevin or any of the other many knowledgeable people would probably be glad to help you with it. if it's convenient to go to MPH, that's not a bad idea either if they do that sort of thing. hopefully, it won't be too expensive.

I didn't think $50 sounded too bad.