Ohio riders track day at gingerman $100

STT-Guy

Does anyone know id gingerman allows dogs? My gf wants to go witch will be cool for pics and stuff. She won't go if the dog can't?

from gingerman's website (www.gingermanraceway.com) "pets musted be leashed. owners must clean up after their pets."

I might bring my dog, but probably not unless my wife is also able to make it.

Personally, I'm seriously considering buying him a harness before taking him to any trackdays. He's never pulled out of his collar, but the idea of anyone's pet getting loose while there's a hot track is scary as hell; both from a rider safety perspective, and as a pet owner.

with a harness, I think it would be damn near impossible for the dog to get loose.

I still haven't registered for this, but it's looking more and more like my schedule will be clear :) I'll be in intermediate. Been to Gingerman once before.

Edited by redkow97

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for all the questions but here's another. How much gas should I bring for the novice class. My bike has a 4.3 gallon tank. I get about 130+ miles before my fuel light comes on.

Sorry for all the questions but here's another. How much gas should I bring for the novice class. My bike has a 4.3 gallon tank. I get about 130+ miles before my fuel light comes on.

if you're full when you get there, there's a good chance you'll make it through the day on that tank, but I'd strongly urge you go have an extra couple gallons.

it's less severe at Novice pace, but you do a lot of WOT at the track, so you'll be lucky to get 80-100 miles in before your fuel light comes on.

that said, at a Novice pace, even if you go out every single session, it would be hard to do much more than 100 miles in a day.

just a random FYI.. average high temp for May 16th in South Haven, MI. Is a scorching 66* oh yeah should be a brisk morning!

Unless things have changed, Gingerman has a weird schedule on Sunday anyway.

there's a break in the morning so engine noise doesn't disturb a local church (or something). That used to mean that we got an extra hour in the afternoon (when it's warmer).

anyone leaving from Columbus have an extra space on a trailer?

So far I should have room on a trailer I plan on preping the bike Saturday then heading up Saturday afternoon / evening. You will need to bring your own tie downs. It's a regular open trailer. We have room for 1 person in the truck but our dog is going too so if your allergic that may be an issue. I will be leaving from Delaware. I still have to register plan on doing that Friday.

Another from Columbus who could use a spot. Need a miracle man.:)

I might have room on the trailer for three bikes but someone with have to drive another vehicle if I take 2 other bikes. Just need tie downs / way to secure your bike. And to meet at my place on Saturday.

This isn't ideal for Columbus people, but if someone is in desperate need of a trailer spot, i can probably modify my setup to accommodate two bikes.

I have an extra wheel chock and tie-downs. I can even provide a tent and air mattress if someone has to ride to my house (just don't be stingy chipping in for gas money :p) - that would be a SECOND tent and air mattress. Sharing a car for 5 hours is as well as I want to know most of you ;-)

I'd like to leave from the Cleveland area between noon and 3:00 on Saturday so I can get there early enough to set up a tent in the daylight, and still have time to hang out.

**EDIT - if my brother grows some balls and decides to ride, he gets priority on the trailer spot, but I think he has a conflict for the 16th.

Edited by redkow97

Yea for anyone around dayton and anyone between me and Michigan....I Have a 7x14 trailer....I could put atleast 4 bikes on. I have a single cab 2500 chevy so can only haul 1 guy....BUT if someone else wants to pull my trailer with a crewcab that'd be cool....or load up your bikes and take a separate car.

So far I should have room on a trailer I plan on preping the bike Saturday then heading up Saturday afternoon / evening. You will need to bring your own tie downs. It's a regular open trailer. We have room for 1 person in the truck but our dog is going too so if your allergic that may be an issue. I will be leaving from Delaware. I still have to register plan on doing that Friday.

pm sent, i was planning on driving up just needed a spot for the bike. so if you have the space to fit another bike rfm should be good to go.

ok so i gonna be picking up a 3 rail trailer here soon.

i have a single cab GMC that i can fit 2 other people in.

so anyone from Cbus want to join me on the trip to the track day?

i have 2 open spots.

ill be leaving saturday night getting a hotel room then heading to the track in the morning.