Getting a new bike... need some input

cheezeberger07

Katana was an oil cooled in-line 600... The GSX650 is a liquid cooled twin...

Is that last hit in '95 coming back to haunt me? Someone call Suzuki and let them know that their specs are wrong.

http://suzukicycles.com/Product%20Lines/Cycles/Products/GSX650F/2009/GSX650F.aspx?category=sportbike

Hey, just to show I'm not a total idiot, I caught the Hoblik post where they were all thinking it was an RC45 and it was really the 400. Does that get me any slack?

God I suck...

It's cool, brother. Now let's get out and ride!!!!!:badgerrock:

The price on the zzr is high. there is a 08 at my work for sale with 3800 miles for 4200 obo I might be looking at. Check out rick roush in medina they had some left over bikes cheap. They had a few sv 650's for 5400. They also had the kaw z6r? naked 650 twin for 5200. And the best deal a 08 zx6r for 5900. Also had a zx10r for 7800. I would say the zzr is ok for short range sport tour but not all out long rides. I use to have a bandit and they make great sport touring bikes. The vfr is nice but I feel over rated(let the shit fly my way) You can build a fz1 or bandit into a much more comfy sport tour then a vfr for alot less money and they are much easier/cheaper to maintain.

I don't know why, but I don't like the GSX650F - to me it's an answer to a question no one asked... i admit i've not ridden it, but it seems like a heavier, uglier SV650 to me. unless it's THAT much smoother than the SV, I like the SV a lot better. It looks like they shoved a bandit engine into a katana-replacement fairing...

FZ6 gets my nod, if you can find one.

I don't know why, but I don't like the GSX650F - to me it's an answer to a question no one asked... i admit i've not ridden it, but it seems like a heavier, uglier SV650 to me. unless it's THAT much smoother than the SV, I like the SV a lot better. It looks like they shoved a bandit engine into a katana-replacement fairing...

FZ6 gets my nod, if you can find one.

Asshat attorney wanna-be's.... :lol:

I like mine. I don't really care if anyone else likes it or thinks it's a twin, it works for me. I don't blast down the highway at triple digits, and when I go to the track it's to watch cars go real fast in a quarter mile...

It's "heavy" compared to a "real" sportbike, but that also makes it a lot more stable on the highway.

It's smooth, gets 50+ mpg in mixed city/highway riding, looks good to my eyes, and my old body appreciates the upright riding position.