Winter has finally won.

MidgetTodd

Well, i discovered today that all 3 local hardware stores think its spring.

The mom & pop shop offered to order the belt I need (snapped mine in the last heavy snow), but Lowes and Home Depot aren't stocking snow blowers, or any parts for them. The manufacturer has already bought back their stock of auger belts, and replaced them with belts for edgers and riding mowers.

so I can't fix my snow blower, but I can fix the deck on a riding mower if i want...

I was smart enough to look up the part number to see if MTD shares the belt with any of their mowers, but no such luck.

time to invest in a winch my friend, doesnt matter how many wheel drive you have, LOL

Nothing to hook it to, my driveway is about a half mile long in between a corn field and the sheep pasture. Would do any good.

How did they get a skid-steer stuck? That's near impossible! Use the bucket :) I had to pull the truck and trailer out with the Kubota as I went off the lane and couldn't get back.
Doesnt have a bucket on it that would be usuless with the amount of snow we have and the distance I have to push it. It just comes up over the bucket and into the cab and your done. We have to use a snow box. The snow is friggen deep and the drive is about a 9 or 10% grade, its not going anywhere got a backhoe coming today.
I was bustin through drifts about 3 ft high in the Intrepitank this afternoon, what's the deal with the big bad 4X4's? :lol:

Youll see tomarrow when your chisleing snow from the truck to do the struts, its blasted through more than its fair share.

The mom & pop shop offered to order the belt I need (snapped mine in the last heavy snow), but Lowes and Home Depot aren't stocking snow blowers, or any parts for them. The manufacturer has already bought back their stock of auger belts, and replaced them with belts for edgers and riding mowers.

so I can't fix my snow blower, but I can fix the deck on a riding mower if i want...

I was smart enough to look up the part number to see if MTD shares the belt with any of their mowers, but no such luck.

Try carquest or napa. Do you have the old belt number? They can probablt interchange it for you. If ya want to post up the number, I can interchange it through carquest. They can usually have it next day, if not in stock.

Youll see tomarrow when your chisleing snow from the truck to do the struts, its blasted through more than its fair share.

Gee, thanks. (wondering what I got myself into.... :lol: )

I has snow packed in the front wheel enough to make the brakes act funky for a while. I was almost worried that I had messed up something. :eek:

Last nightwas quite possibly the worst highway drive I've ever done. Dayton to Detroit in this shit. Most of the time the whole highway was only doing 30 mph because the entire roadway was a sheet of ice. Took us 6.5 hours to get here. Fuck winter, fuck Ohio, and definitely fuck Michigan.

My street has slight down hill slope. The last 2 days, trying to make a right turn from the street into the driveway = the car slides across the driveway into the front yard and gets stuck. I finally wised up last night. I parked in the freshly plowed neighbors driveway. Then I cleaned my driveway with the snow thrower. So no more car stuck in the front yard.

Last nightwas quite possibly the worst highway drive I've ever done. Dayton to Detroit in this shit. Most of the time the whole highway was only doing 30 mph because the entire roadway was a sheet of ice. Took us 6.5 hours to get here. Fuck winter, fuck Ohio, and definitely fuck Michigan.

you sure picked a hell of a time to go back... i would have said F it...

old man winter beat my ass yesterday. It was about 6 am. I saw tail lights on a road i knew was going to be bad. I get up to the vehical, turned out to be an SVT focus up to its front bumper in snow. I got this guy unstuck by 7ish. I told him follow me, and id just make a path with my plow. Old man winter said f that! 30 feet further I was stuck.

0227100703a.jpg

I bet you can buy shorts in the stores now too.

.......and definitely fuck Michigan.

:werd:

How many mailboxes did you take out? The driver the plows my road has hit mine 4 times so far. This last time he hit it, he also took out 4 others. :nono:

most of the time its the snow that takes them down, but today has been a good mailbox year. Weve only had 2 down the entire season, and one didnt go down, it cracked.

That tractor makes you look small....must be bigger than mine

I'm glad one of my vehicles finally makes me look small, I've had enough people tell me how small I make the 950 look.:rolleyes: