Ohio Riders 2010 - You decide

Casper

Do you like the new version (dev.ohio-riders.com) better than the current site?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the new version (dev.ohio-riders.com) better than the current site?

• Yes
    • No

DTC translated to English, "Hookers" means "The DTC group page is fucking sweet". Right?

:lol:

Not a fan of it on the left... now it looks like the free forum I run, which is lame. :D Just bein' difficult.

The HELL you're not a fan of the left!! :rolleyes::p

Ben.... I can only imagine how much time & effort you've put into the new version, and getting it ready to roll, as it is now. For that, I want to thank you.... VERY cool of you to do all you do on here, for all us spoiled brats! :D

Sidenote.... Not sure if you got my text back tonight, but I played around with the mobile version on my Blackberry, and it looks MUCH cleaner/ easier to read. Just scrolled right down like on my computers.... Looked great! thumb.gif

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the deal with that "Vert Comic" thread? Only see 1 in there now, & it's so small, it's hard to read.... Even when you click on it. Shows up in full size though, when you're replying, & scroll down to previous posts......

http://dev.ohio-riders.com/showthread.php?45338-Vertical-Comics/page2

What's the deal with that "Vert Comic" thread? Only see 1 in there now, & it's so small, it's hard to read.... Even when you click on it. Shows up in full size though, when you're replying, & scroll down to previous posts......

http://dev.ohio-riders.com/showthread.php?45338-Vertical-Comics/page2

I posted in that thread already. It's a bug. I have to figure it out. I think it has to do with the image resizing. I'm playing around with it.

Do we have to vote if we don't care either way?

You're not going to get the REAL whiners until you switch over to the dev site and people start using it on a day-to-day basis so they can nitpick it over. Just give us a couple days warning so I can grab the lube when you stick it to us.

Do we have to vote if we don't care either way?

You're not going to get the REAL whiners until you switch over to the dev site and people start using it on a day-to-day basis so they can nitpick it over. Just give us a couple days warning so I can grab the lube when you stick it to us.

Somebody's getting rickrolled. I can see it.

367 members have visited the site today, but only 31 have voted. Doh.

Thats because there is no maybe option.

It looks ok to me, but what do I know. I'm a creature of habit. I like what we've got, but only because I'm used to it. The new options and blogs seem cool, but many will just use them to further blather on about their boring political beliefs.

Thats because there is no maybe option.

It looks ok to me, but what do I know. I'm a creature of habit. I like what we've got, but only because I'm used to it. The new options and blogs seem cool, but many will just use them to further blather on about their boring political beliefs.

Which will keep it off the front page! :lol:

I like it. Seems cleaner to me. I've been on some forums with a "Thanks" or "Thumbs Up" button. I like that because you don't have 20 people replying with "+1" or "I agree". Either format, you run a great forum. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of it.

I do like the rotating pictures at the top of the current format. Any way to integrate that? When I'm bored at work, I just sit there and hit "home" over and over and over and over.

I like it. Seems cleaner to me. I've been on some forums with a "Thanks" or "Thumbs Up" button. I like that because you don't have 20 people replying with "+1" or "I agree". Either format, you run a great forum. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of it.

I do like the rotating pictures at the top of the current format. Any way to integrate that? When I'm bored at work, I just sit there and hit "home" over and over and over and over.

Yes, those pictures will be there. Glad you likethe site. I've thought about the "post thank you" thing. I thought about bringing rep back too.

Not a fan of it on the left... now it looks like the free forum I run, which is lame. :D Just bein' difficult.

:plus1: WIth it inline, at the top, as it is now, it's part of reaing the thread to see who posted, with it on the left, you have to look over there, out of line with what you're reading to see who posted each reply. :dunno:

I never saw any kind of reply as to how tough the back-end of the new version is for you to run, compared to now. I'd rather it be easier for you to run, so that you can ride more, and when not riding, implement new stuff, compared to maintaining the site.

:plus1: WIth it inline, at the top, as it is now, it's part of reaing the thread to see who posted, with it on the left, you have to look over there, out of line with what you're reading to see who posted each reply. :dunno:

I never saw any kind of reply as to how tough the back-end of the new version is for you to run, compared to now. I'd rather it be easier for you to run, so that you can ride more, and when not riding, implement new stuff, compared to maintaining the site.

http://dev.ohio-riders.com/showthread.php?51018-Do-you-like-this-new-version-of-Ohio-Riders&p=433655&viewfull=1#post433655

It'll be about the same.

Yes, those pictures will be there. Glad you likethe site. I've thought about the "post thank you" thing. I thought about bringing rep back too.

Are JRM and I the only ones that saw this? I was going to make a joke about this, until I finished reading the thread and saw this.

The popularity contest may be back on!

VFR World uses 4.01, and thanks. The thanks is cool for technical forums, but I don't know that it would fit well with OR.

Are JRM and I the only ones that saw this? I was going to make a joke about this, until I finished reading the thread and saw this.

The popularity contest may be back on!

VFR World uses 4.01, and thanks. The thanks is cool for technical forums, but I don't know that it would fit well with OR.

What do you think of their layout? They're using the new built in vBulletin CMS (the articles in the center of the front page). I'm not sure I like it. I've been thinking about implementing it with the vBadvanced front end (what's on the dev site now). Moving the "how-to" and some other stuff to articles in the CMS. Who knows. I can't make everyone happy. So anyways, what do you think of their site?

Ah, I wasn't following both threads! I'm all for the option of choosing where the user info appears!

It'd just be another style. You'd select it from the list at the bottom of the site. On the style with the userinfo like the current site, I'd get ride of the white space within the post and make it all light gray (like it is on this one, the current site).

What do you think of their layout? They're using the new built in vBulletin CMS (the articles in the center of the front page). I'm not sure I like it. I've been thinking about implementing it with the vBadvanced front end (what's on the dev site now). Moving the "how-to" and some other stuff to articles in the CMS. Who knows. I can't make everyone happy. So anyways, what do you think of their site?

Honestly, I just go to the first and second gen sub forum, bypassing the rest of the site, for the most part, since I spend (waste?) so much time here on OR! :lol: I'll actually look around there a bit more tomorrow, I'm about out of time (energy) tonight.