camera questions,

Dweezel

Hey do you guys think this is a good deal/combo? I'm getting the female a DSLR for her birthday and from what you guys told me earlier this is (I'm 99% sure) the camera I want to get her.

Critique away please.

Here's the link.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16830120262&nm_mc=OTC-Froogle&cm_mmc=OTC-Froogle-_-DSLR-_-Canon+USA-_-30120262

I've always liked Canon's, and in reality it's pretty hard to go with new Canon or Nikon SLR's. If there are new models coming out, you may be better waiting like Liqwid said, they are usually discounted. I have been looking at HD Video Cameras lately and happened to notice some deals on SLR's too. Canon runs specials once or twice a year as well, or at least they used to.

so good/great first DSLR? thats what I'm reading.

also, lens interchangablity? I'm gonna say they won't fit, but my uncle already gave me 4 old canon lenses from a 35mm

Unless they changed something, you shouldn't have any issues. Edit: Just checked, unless they are real old manual lenses, you're good, but any EF lenses are okay.

Edited by Artmageddon

Hey do you guys think this is a good deal/combo? I'm getting the female a DSLR for her birthday and from what you guys told me earlier this is (I'm 99% sure) the camera I want to get her.

Critique away please.

Here's the link.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16830120262&nm_mc=OTC-Froogle&cm_mmc=OTC-Froogle-_-DSLR-_-Canon+USA-_-30120262

Newegg is a good place to buy, I got my XSi from B&H Photo, came with bag, extra battery, 4GB card, Cleaning kit, filters, 18-55 IS lens and 55-250 IS lens for $749 shipped.

Edited by cfd37buckeye

:plus1: For Canon, and another :plus1: for Newegg!

I haven't used the XSi, but I had the original Digital Rebel, and currently have a 40D.

As for the lens compatability, like has been stated, as long as it's an EF, EF-s lens, it will work. Older manual fucus lenses CAN work with an adapter, but that's a more advanced thing, and unless it's a really good lens, not worth the bother. There are some manual focus lenses out there that ARE worth the hassle though!