5th Annual DTC Anniversary Ride to New River Gorge, June 12th

Fonzie

Pretty cool site Tyler... Nice find! Doesn't look good for us though :nono:

NOAA's Fayetteville info back up now....

Saturday...Partly sunny in the morning...then becoming mostly cloudy. A chance of showers. A chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 80s. Southwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Gusts up to 30 mph in the afternoon. Chance of rain 50 percent.

Saturday Night...Mostly cloudy. Showers and thunderstorms likely... Mainly in the evening. Locally heavy rainfall possible in the evening. Lows in the upper 60s. West winds 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 30 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well hopefully my leathers with the liner in the jacket keep me dry. They seem to keep me dry but haven't rode in heavy rain with them only the old textile jacket. It should be atleast a warm rain, just hope its not too humid

You're not going Porter dont lie.

It's either this or the Fallen Heroes memorial poker run. I think this looks better. Riding slow in the rain sux. This ride may not be a fast one (I couldn't keep up anyway) but faster than a poker run!

If both get rained out, Ima go get eh Hon-duh back together. I already have the babysitter lined up for tomorrow anyway.

I was just talking to Fonz. I think at minimum us up north are going to plan on rain or shine.

Duane and I will meet somewhere NEO rain or shine and decide if we're going to continue... next decision down in Cbus... best case is no rain, worst case we bail out

C-bus gets up around 50% around lunch time. We should be out of there by then. The chance keeps increasing for a few hours and should be back down to 20% by the time we get back. Fayetteville is at 50% at it worst.

Would really like to have more opinions from people. Remember, if we DO make this ride, you're coming at your own risk. Dont try to blame me, Fonz or the DTC as a whole for you wadding up your bike. "Ride your own ride" is something we swear by, ESPECIALLY in the rain.

I'm still game.

Same here as I'm pretty sure the rain is going to be scattered but I'm no meteorologist. Fonz and I both have concerns about the safety of the group. Of all our rides over the last 5 years, there has only been 1 accident. We want to keep it that way.

I'm comfortable riding in the rain on roads I know. I have rain gear so that's no biggy.

Just not sure how comfortable I'm gonna be going that far, raining all day.

At this point I'm gonna play it by ear. So I'm a maybe at this point.

I'm comfortable riding in the rain on roads I know. I have rain gear so that's no biggy.

It's gonna be a relaxed pace if that makes you feel any better