First Ride of the Season and GoPro Test

rslocum

Just a little boring test run in the neighborhood. Give me your thoughts on the mount location. Seem to do fairly decent filming through the visor. I used the suction cup mount for this and it seems pretty solid. I think I'd be a little leery suction cup mounting it off of a side fairing. It could also easily mount on the rear cowl for that Moto GP view.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8PmRMKXh4Q

That view is decent. I've also run mine on the front just below the windshield and on the side fairings.

The suction mount does seem real solid. You have any reservations about mounting it on the side fairing? It probably have to get hit by something to knock it off. I might try it out. The case seems pretty solid so if it does fall off the camera might be fine. I'd just have to track it down like a lost hubcap.

That's some very nice video quality.

I also love how the wide-ish angle of the lens exaggerates the sense of speed.

The idea of the rear view sounds pretty cool, especially since that's the only way you could get any footage of my slow ass...

The suction mount does seem real solid. You have any reservations about mounting it on the side fairing? It probably have to get hit by something to knock it off. I might try it out. The case seems pretty solid so if it does fall off the camera might be fine. I'd just have to track it down like a lost hubcap.

I've ridden with it on the front and side for a few hours at a variety of speeds, but it still makes me nervous where ever I put it. I'm sure it wold hold but I've been thinking about putting a safety strap of some kind on it.

Just a little boring test run in the neighborhood. Give me your thoughts on the mount location.

I used a similar mounting when I first got mine, in the first video below I have it mounted to the handlebars using the gopro tripod mount and a homemade adapter.

In the second video I have moved it to the front of the windshield down low just above the headlight. I'm using the gopro self-adhesive clip with silicone applied around it to reinforce it.

I like it on the front so it doesn't show the speedo, I worry about posting videos that show speeds above the posted limit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-3zNZPoIaw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3eHyXw3Ytk

In the video above, the "rattling" noise is the camera mount/clip, they don't make a solid connection, hence the rattling.

Latter on I permenatly mounted the clip to the mount and glued it... no more rattling.

Edited by SWing'R

Yeah I'm not to keen on advertising my speed limit. If I video from that location I'll cover the speed with tape. I'm going to have to get creative to mount it out in front below the headlight. There isn't a flat or curved surface anywhere where the adhesive mounts will stick to truely.

you didnt get it to upload in HD rslocum.....you must save it right to your hard drive then upload it to youtube.....i just posted my front suction cup mount and edited vid

I guess I'll have to figure it out. I have a Mac. Do the editing in iMovie it has a "share to YouTube" drop down and I chose the largest upload and it uploads what you see. So if i record in 720 I should be able to upload 720 to YouTube? I do notice my vids only have the 360 or 480 view.

I <3 my gopro. I use the suction cup mount. I'm looking to get a mount up inside the windshield that way it's more scenic. Luckily the 1125R speedometer is difficult to see with the GoPro.

Cool Video. How'd you upload to Youtube using music without it being a copyright issue. One video I made with a Linkin Park song and the exhaust faded in the background they deleted my audio and I had to use a song from there library. Also how did you get those little pop up annotations in your video? That was pretty neat.

you didnt get it to upload in HD rslocum.....you must save it right to your hard drive then upload it to youtube.....i just posted my front suction cup mount and edited vid

Figured it out. It took an hour to upload to youtube for a 2 minute clip :eek: but it worked. Just messed around with the editing. The speed is 2x in the beginning, normal in the middle and half speed at the end. Still not to shabby at half speed with 30fps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCk0cVDzOo8

Edited by rslocum

Cool Video. How'd you upload to Youtube using music without it being a copyright issue. One video I made with a Linkin Park song and the exhaust faded in the background they deleted my audio and I had to use a song from there library. Also how did you get those little pop up annotations in your video? That was pretty neat.

I use iMovie for all of my video editing. I made sure to not use the entire song and to start the audio later in the video. This way the song doesn't exactly match the electronic signature that they are looking for.

I use the youtube annotation editor for all of the annotations. If you log in to youtube, you will see your username in the upper right. Just hover over that and you will see Account, My Videos, Favorites, and Playlists drop down vertically. Click on My Videos, and then you will have an Annotations button to click in the area near the video.

Good luck and thanks for the compliments. I take video of almost every ride, so I will no doubt have a lot more videos this year. :)

Figured it out. It took an hour to upload to youtube for a 2 minute clip :eek: but it worked. Just messed around with the editing. The speed is 2x in the beginning, normal in the middle and half speed at the end. Still not to shabby at half speed with 30fps.

thats cool man;) looks a ton better even tho 480 looks great too....ride red!!