Ride Friday 19th?

RSVDon

Anybody interested in a little afternoon ride? CBRZach is getting his bike finished up and running hopefully by 6 pm and then I figured I'd do a little shakedown on the priller' now that all the parts are on.

I'm not quite sure on the road conditions so don't expect this to be too fast of a ride, there's still a lot of gravel out there. Anyone is welcome.

We'd be meeting at the Marathon gas station on highway 35 next to Lang's Chevrolet.

Say meet at 6 pm and on the road by 6:30? Back in town before it's too dark. If you think it'll be cold, bundle it up and suck it up ladies. :)

How long (time-wise) you guys ridin' today? I've never ridden with anyone from this group, but I'd like to do some riding today, and 10/22 is a nice place to start.

How fast does the group ride? I'm OK with corners, but not into super-uber-legal speed limits. Prefer keeping the shiny side up.....

Lemeno.

I'm going on the 10/22 ride. We will be going at a good pace but not warp speed. We always wait at the stop signs for everyone and encourage everyone to ride their own pace. It's always a good time man. The ride usually lasts till 1 o'clock. Meaning you'll be back home by 1. Since this is my first time going down there this year I will be riding at a little bit of a slower pace.

I did the ride (from the other post) yesterday with my room mate's GXP. Most the roads are ok. The switchbacks right before hitting 350 are covered in gravel, which was a shame.

Im down for a ride though. Wont it be dark by 730sih?

Edited by ohdaho

I did the ride (from the other post) yesterday with my room mate's GXP. Most the roads are ok. The switchbacks right before hitting 350 are covered in gravel, which was a shame.

Im down for a ride though. Wont it be dark by 730sih?

As soon as it starts getting dark/cold, I will cut the ride and we'll head home. There are many ways to get back. And now that I know that Fort Ancient is still covered in gravel we won't even try it.

Junkies: Thx for the outing today. It's been a few years since I've ridden 10 & 22, and had forgotten how nice the roads are. I did pass a KY State LEO on 22W just after I left you in Willow, but I was enjoying the sunshine and doin' the legal, so I waved at him and rode on. Hope you didn't run across him on your route....:D

If you guys do another ride locally, lemeno. I'd be up for it, especially if you plan on rollin' the throttle back just a bit so we can ride as a group. I don't mind bein' dropped occasionally, but it's nicer if there's some group interaction other than at the stops.

Prolly see ya at Mid-Ohio later this year. Ciao.

Ride well. Stay safe!

We did see that LEO. He sat at the stop sign at 10 and 22 for about 10 minutes waiting for us to leave so he could follow us. He finally gave up and left. We only made it about a 1/4 mile from Willow when Cowboy figured out he had a completely flat rear tire. We got him all fix up with a plug and a little help from a good old hillbilly and we were back on the road in 30 minutes. It was a great ride today. Thanks for coming out!

I'm going on the 10/22 ride. We will be going at a good pace but not warp speed. We always wait at the stop signs for everyone and encourage everyone to ride their own pace. It's always a good time man. The ride usually lasts till 1 o'clock. Meaning you'll be back home by 1. Since this is my first time going down there this year I will be riding at a little bit of a slower pace.

with the exception of 165 and 1504 :)

you guys were gone quick!! i kept a steady pace of about 80 mph and you guys straight left me.

Junkies: Thx for the outing today. It's been a few years since I've ridden 10 & 22, and had forgotten how nice the roads are. I did pass a KY State LEO on 22W just after I left you in Willow, but I was enjoying the sunshine and doin' the legal, so I waved at him and rode on. Hope you didn't run across him on your route....:D

If you guys do another ride locally, lemeno. I'd be up for it, especially if you plan on rollin' the throttle back just a bit so we can ride as a group. I don't mind bein' dropped occasionally, but it's nicer if there's some group interaction other than at the stops.

Ride well. Stay safe!

nice riding with you today. hope to see you again soon.

Edited by jonni black

Ride well. Stay safe!

another ride tomorrow. 11am meet up. it will be a slower group riding. mostly 600's. couple of the kids have never been on 10/22 so they will just be cruisin

with the exception of 165 and 1504 :)

you guys were gone quick!! i kept a steady pace of about 80 mph and you guys straight left me.

Sometimes the throttle sticks.....I only went that fast after he left the pack. 165 and 1504 are after Willow. That's my story and I'm sticking to it....:dunno: