Deals Gap Needs Your Help!!!!!!!

TWL

Make your voice count to the Governor of Tennessee on the closure of the Dragon.

Governor's Office

Tennessee State Capitol

Nashville, TN

37243-0001

Phone: 615.741.2001

Fax: 615.532.9711 E

mail: Phil.Bredesen@tn.gov

it is closed from the rock slide to the NC state line.

http://www.easttnriders.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34770

http://www.easttnriders.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34771

It's bad. The Tennessee governor has closed the dragon completely. He's refusing North Carolina's offer to help with police and ems. Deals Gap is talking about having to close the resort. This sucks. Email the Tennessee governor.

Let's not panic yet. There was another rock slide it appears. This very well might be a temporary closing until the get them all cleaned up and made safe again. The TDOT website talks about working on a plan to stabilize the area.....

I know two people that live there. I am contacting them now to try and get more info.

I hope this is temporary due to the rock slides..... Gap/Dragon were the main possibility being talked about for next year's DTC's 5 year anniversary trip icon_e_confused.gif

While I certainly don't think closing the road is a good idea does anyone REALLY think the governor cares about people being upset?

Yes he should, but do you honestly think it's going to make a difference.

You're just a bowl full of sunshine today, isn't 'cha??

Let's not panic yet. There was another rock slide it appears. This very well might be a temporary closing until the get them all cleaned up and made safe again. The TDOT website talks about working on a plan to stabilize the area.....

I know two people that live there. I am contacting them now to try and get more info.

Same rock slide. More rocks. There was a boulder over hanging after the rock slide. They purposely brought it down.

Same rock slide. More rocks. There was a boulder over hanging after the rock slide. They purposely brought it down.

Ok, my contact got back to me. The TN governor has been 'closing' the dragon for years and it has never happened. This is a big stink about nothing in his opinion and it will be open in a few weeks when they clean it up. He rides, he is a dragon fanatic and is part of a big group I go down there with...we are going again in July, so I trust his opinion.

I love that place and it get's plenty of my money... but I might have to start with Georgia again. TWO Resort, Blood Mountain, Wolf Pen Gap etc is fantastic for a week.

I surely hope they get it sorted this year. I'll be down there for June (SV Rally) but my earlier trip will have to be to Georgia...just sucks that the shortest route (that's not 75) is through the Dragon.

They say it's going to be closed for 14 weeks. The Dragon is only one road down there. I've been going for over 9 year and will say after 2 runs a day on the dragon I'm done with it and time to hit all the other roads. If you think day time is fun try it at night at a slow pace. It's F**KED -UP..

Here is a link on Facebook of the owner Ben. He does have it up for sale 9mil and it's yours..

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?v=wall&ref=nf&id=1506902281

I also went on Facebook and sent emails to the Pigeon Forge vistors bureau and Gatlinburg one.....telling them that they needed to complain to the governors mansion that it was gonna hurt their tourism....I told them every time I go to the "GAP" that I also stay in Pigeon Forge and or Gatlinburg....and that it was potentially going to hurt them....

didn't the rock slide happen down along the river before the "dragon" starts?

there is a few ways around it. depending where exactly the rock slide is.

I can't imagine they closed the entire 129 route. there are people who live down there that might work in knoxville or live on the wrong side of the slide and work in robbinsville etc.

they don't close entire roads to repave them why would they close a road that long and that vital to the area (for the stores/businesses and residence)?

just seems like an excuse.

Edited by serpentracer

yeah the lake part. it's just a huge fucking lake LOL

and looks like a killer place for boating and fishing.

now that's the problem...

it's blocked after the foothills parkway and after 72. those are the two roads I had in mind.

but you can still go down to the cherohola and ride up it to the dragon. I don't see how they can just close it. seems like they have some kind of motive behind this whole thing. I wouldn't be surprised if the intentionally made the rock slide.

SlidesMap.jpg

Edited by serpentracer